Sign in to follow this  

04-07 crf450

So I am finally looking to make the jump from a 2 stroke to a 4 stroke. I currently have an 03 CR250R but am looking at getting a 450. Preferably I would like to stay Honda but I'm just wondering what the pros and cons are. I also like the RMZ450, but have never owned a Suzuki. I'm on the east coast of Canada and bikes are not cheap around here, so I may travel to Maine to get one as they are cheaper there. For a CRF450 down there between the years of 04-07 they are anywhere from 2400-3200. I'm hoping to spend 3000 or less and I'm wondering what year would be the best to get? I'm assuming the 07 as it's newer, but I have seen a really nice 06 and a nice 05 that look very clean. Let me know!

I had an 08 and it was great. i imagine its the same as an 07. it was a tank and not niimble. definately needed to learn how to manage all the bike. the 450 did not need as much maintenance as my 250f since you wont thrash it as hard. very reliable bike id say go for it!

I'm from Canada too. I just bought an 08 with 10 hours on it for $3000 in Buffalo, NY. You just have to patient to get a good deal.

Just purchased my 08 as well. Paid 3300 but it was well worth it. I had ridden a YZ125 since 2001 and this change was well over due.

My cousin rides an 07 450x and it is very similar to my 08 450r. I would be comfortable with 06 and newer as long as the bike is clean. Check for things like wear on the sprocket (if it is still stock) and wear on the chain guides. If the teeth on the sprocket are not too worn and it is the stock sprocket, you should be good to go. I hope this advice helps. Don't go for the RMZ! Stay red....

You want an 08 and not just because its newer. The engine was finally done. The chassis was completely sorted out and it had the steering damper. It was the best of that version bike. Many like it more than the 09 still. It'd be worth the extra couple hundred bucks.

I love my 04. I got lucky though. Bought it from an older man and he modded the crap out of the bike and barely rode it. I pocked it up in may with 40 hours on it hehe