Sign in to follow this  

Took a trip on XRR today. Need a seat.

I made a 100 mile trip today. Im on my vacation and it was great. I live in EasTn. and rode into Va. to a farm that my dad grew up on. Rode mountain back roads and took a fishing rod and back pack. I Cut a gap in the electric fence so my boys can ride in the woods. I caught a crappie, practiced riding wheelies and relaxed a bit.

Anyways my hind end is killin me, does any body make a seat for the XR650R that is soft and allows you to ride for a bit without the sore a$$? Its like sitting on a cinder block for a hour and a half. Thanks

I made a 100 mile trip today. Im on my vacation and it was great. I live in EasTn. and rode into Va. to a farm that my dad grew up on. Rode mountain back roads and took a fishing rod and back pack. I Cut a gap in the electric fence so my boys can ride in the woods. I caught a crappie, practiced riding wheelies and relaxed a bit.

Anyways my hind end is killin me, does any body make a seat for the XR650R that is soft and allows you to ride for a bit without the sore a$$? Its like sitting on a cinder block for a hour and a half. Thanks

Several, google will get you there.

I guess what Im asking is which one do you guys like the best. Everybody makes aftermarket stuff but all of it aint good. Im looking for comfort. Thanks

I bought my 650r with a corbin. and holly sh!t that seat is comfy. I have done 300 mile days and my but is a little sore but its fine after an hour or so of resting. and my back and legs are way more tired than my ass ever gets. On my cr250 my ass gets tired(and i mean in pain) after like 60-70 miles so i know what your talking about. Corbins are expensive though. If i were you i would call around to local upholstery shops(preferably automotive) and ask if they will make a custom seat. Go in take you seat pan and have them shape some foam(its easy to do) I think the secret to the corbins comfyness is the shape of the seat and not so much the foam type. If the shop knows what there doing they will know a good foam firmness to use. and you just want to make it wide with a little dip in it. they will prob get you for 200$ but i think corbins are close to 5-6 bills.

that or you can try and shape one yourself. get a block of automotive seat foam and start sawing away with a big old bread knife.

Thanks abunch. My uncle upholsters, I could take it to him and carve part of the foam out and glue some soft foam back in. And if I dont like it o well, I guess i will get one of the above. I googled it as YHGEORGE said and got that idea I appreciate all of your replys.

Im between kingsport and knoxville. The meth capitol of east tennessee, Bean station in grainger co. If you get on 11W and go toward knoxville you will drive right through bean station in about 45-55 min. I go to kingsport every once in a while to do a service call at work, im an electritian. I always eat at the purple cow when Im there. Is it still open? Its been a while since I have been to kingsport. Last october I went to fish fort patrick henrey res. and thats the last time I have been there. My Dad used to sell furnature at that flea market called traders village when I was a young lad. Small world A.

Fisher is about 1/2 the cost of a Corbin or Rensanczo(sp) and at LEAST as good. Mine is the comfiest cycle seat I've ever sat on.(40+ years)

Fisher is about 1/2 the cost of a Corbin or Rensanczo(sp) and at LEAST as good. Mine is the comfiest cycle seat I've ever sat on.(40+ years)

Can you really remember the seat you were on at 12 years old? I remember my Honda Trail 70 seat and I liked it, other than it was too tall.

Thanks for the reminder 👍 I keep forgetting about those even though I used to be a serious long distance bicycle freak.. I've just bought a 2011 DRZ400S and an hour on that seat hurts.. the fist 10 minutes aren't so great either then it softens a bit.. Luckily it's an hour to the network of FS roads I like to play on with a nice Deli & Gas at the turn off.

Think I'll try the shorts first..:ride:

Put a Seat Concepts on mine and love it. $150 for foam and seat cover.Order foam and cover and do it yourself or send your pan in and they will do it. Ordered mine online and had it in 10 days(i live in Canada.)

http://seatconcepts.art.officelive.com/default.aspx

This! I got mine in 4 days! Just like you I knew I had to have a new seat after my first ride on the stock one. Love this seat. Its been great off-road and on.

9682d75f0f774d99b36a28e95dbdae64?accountID=186546&size=800

32443bd1983b46cf99caf943ba6ab000?accountID=186546&size=800

599422165dac4d249b4083e8e427b8e0?accountID=186546&size=800