Sign in to follow this  

Headlight?

I see that the bulb for the crf450x is a 35/35 but it says it puts out 60/60 watts of light. I have a XR650R and am looking to upgrade the headlight. The crf headlight looks good and I want to use all honda parts. How is it at night. Is it brite enuff to ride on curvy backroads at night. Im also gonna put a crf front fender on my BRP. Thanks for your replys.

I see that the bulb for the crf450x is a 35/35 but it says it puts out 60/60 watts of light. I have a XR650R and am looking to upgrade the headlight. The crf headlight looks good and I want to use all honda parts. How is it at night. Is it brite enuff to ride on curvy backroads at night. Im also gonna put a crf front fender on my BRP. Thanks for your replys.

For me... offroad, at night, the light sucks. It's better than nothing, but if I did any measurable amount of riding at night, I would have something else.

Can it be improved? I don't know.

If you want more light, you'll need more watts: stator re-wind and a light system.

All the Hondas stock headlights put out about the same amount of light.

Bulb wattage does not equate with lumen output...........

I have owned both said bikes,

Also ride with a friend on an xr and dad has an xr400 (same light)

The crf is the worst of the two light wise, no upgrade

take a look at what baja designs has to offer. they are high but they have some nice lighting products if your looking to spend some time wheeling at night.

the factory honda headlights are a joke. i mean it will get you by in a pinch if your going slow but dont count on trying to go fast in the dark with a stock head light