Sign in to follow this  

what bike to get??

okay so i sold my crf150f and now i dont know what to get.all i do is trail ride right now. i dont want a crf230f because of the weight and power is going to get boring fast. i rode my dads xr400r and had a blast. i have no idea what to get so im turning to TT.im 15, 135lbs and a pretty good and experienced rider

Have you rode a 230 yet? its got a lot more power then the 150, you only weighing 135 the 230 should be plenty of power, if you dont think so, next step up is a 250x.

yeah ive rode my bros 230f. it just seemed so heavy and after rdining my dads xr400r im in love with more power. i am seriously looking at a crf250x or crf250r. i can get a 2005 crf250r with a head gaskets piston and valves from a guy that works at a honda dealership, or i can get a 2006 crf250x from some random guy for 2600. what do you think?

yeah ive rode my bros 230f. it just seemed so heavy and after rdining my dads xr400r im in love with more power. i am seriously looking at a crf250x or crf250r. i can get a 2005 crf250r with a head gaskets piston and valves from a guy that works at a honda dealership, or i can get a 2006 crf250x from some random guy for 2600. what do you think?

i dunno man, for trail riding, id still go with the 230, just uncork and rejet it, and itll make a big improvement, fill it up and change the oil every once in a while, and just keeps going.

The 250 would be a lot more maintainace, but if you really just want more power, go for it.

At your age and size Id jump on a 125 2 stroke and have a blast. I had an xr200 at your age(pretty similiar to the 230) uncorked it and whatnot...got old fast. Got myself a KDX200 when I turned 15 and freakin loved the thing. I just seen way too much bad shit with the 250f's...will never own one. 450's seam to hold together better but way too big for you. Id go with a 125 or 200cc 2 stroke.

thanks for the replys. will a 125 2 stroke be good for woods for me? how do i stop foul plugs and what not?

okay so i sold my crf150f and now i dont know what to get.all i do is trail ride right now. i dont want a crf230f because of the weight and power is going to get boring fast. i rode my dads xr400r and had a blast. i have no idea what to get so im turning to TT.im 15, 135lbs and a pretty good and experienced rider

See if your dad will sell you that xr4. Best of all worlds: power, low maintenance, and air cooled. I have a 250f and an xr4 both fun but xr is for riding not fixing.👍

Edited by Chaconne
spell check

I think any bike good for woods. its just how crazy you want to get. 125 2T can do all. Maybe hill climb not so much, but everything else you will have a lot fun on it.

Mate for trails and a bike with a bit of punch I'd go with a KDX200/220/250. They have all the low end power in the world and go pretty well. Only problem with a 125 2T would be that they're more motocross than trail, but I'd go with a KDX for the trails imo.

Go for an enduro 2 stroke like a KDX 200 or an EXC 200. Light, fast, and plenty of low end torque.

cr250... go 2 stroke and get a 250... run good oil and it wont breakdown, if it does its hella cheap and easy to fix..

thanks for the replys. will a 125 2 stroke be good for woods for me? how do i stop foul plugs and what not?

I'll say this only one more time... the only reason any 2 stroke fouls a plug is because the jetting is too fat..... A well jetted engine will not foul a plug. My 300 has the same plug for over a year now. The only reason I changed it is I installed a new top end....

and if you get into racing like i did, dont try to lug around the big huge air cooled behemeths, they're good for what they were designed to do, play and desert ride, not much else, but meh. however! 125 2stroke, ZING! go for it! or if you ride the 125 and don't like it's power like it's snappiness, go for the 150xc or 200xc, my racing buddy has one he loves it to death, more than his own child....