Sign in to follow this  

2002 kx 125 Cylinder!

the cylinder on my 2002 kx 125, cavitied around the top, i reaaallly need a used one! so if anyone has a parts bike and have a cylinder, plz email me at hadenator124@gmail.com i really apreciate it! it can be an 01, but i would rather it be same year, thanks!

Best bet is to send yours off to get re-plated. Cost is reasonable and it will last a very long time.

Can you load up a picture? Generally stripping and plating alone can take care of most issue with pitting and wear. If it's deeply gouged anywhere it may need to be welded, which would increase the cost of replating by somewhere around $50. Still well worth it to get re-plated. The cylinder you get back will be better than OEM. You can send your cylinder to someone like langcourt, mllenium, or powerseal and get a quote on the repairs.

jw what is replated cuz, it cavitied pretty deep on the upper top, but ill check it out thanks
Do you mean there is a lot of pitting around the top edge, looks kinda like it was sand blasted?

If so, you had a detonation problem, or a leaking head gasket.

as long as it's not completely destroyed or ported at all, millenium technologies will do an exchange.