Ran into the white stuff

Joe you rode snachese and didn't call. That's all right you just missed a close ordeal at GP today, it was EPIC!!! :busted::smashpc:??

how many thursdays can you get off? i shoulda let you know.....Cesar had shifter trouble ( what is with the bad shifters this month?) and the 2 of us cut it short anyway.

Joe

Wow, we just missed it! My buddy and i spent sat-wed up there. Had a great time , but we ran into a mystery, we couldn't find where trail 949 ties into quartz mountain from the quartz mountain side. Can anyone shed some light? Great picture Joe, glad we missed the white stuff!

I have two hobbies, riding and snowboarding. I do prefer riding, but I look forward to the white stuff so I can meticulously maintain the bike over the winter.

That and snowboarding has cost me maybe 1000 over 6 years. Where as riding cost about that much every couple months. lol

I have two hobbies, riding and snowboarding. I do prefer riding, but I look forward to the white stuff so I can meticulously maintain the bike over the winter.

That and snowboarding has cost me maybe 1000 over 6 years. Where as riding cost about that much every couple months. lol

"Out here" we can do both. ride or ski/board all winter long. That way you can go broke even more quickly! Your snowboarding only costs 165 per year?? ( 1000 over 6years). just the lift ticket would be 60 to 70 each time plus the fuel to get there. i say riding is way less ( if you count per ride even including maintenance costs.

Joe

"Out here" we can do both. ride or ski/board all winter long. That way you can go broke even more quickly! Your snowboarding only costs 165 per year?? ( 1000 over 6years). just the lift ticket would be 60 to 70 each time plus the fuel to get there. i say riding is way less ( if you count per ride even including maintenance costs.

Joe

I bought all of my gear six years ago. I have to travel a couple hours to get to the hill, so I got on average of about 5 times a year. I only pay $25 for a lift ticket (military discount).

It's been the cheapest hobby I've ever had. If I wanted to go to the really small hill, I could get a season pass for 100 bucks as an early bird special, and discount.

I ran into a couple inches of standing snow in places at Clifty yesterday. Has anyone ever been up 1388.2. Real cool up hill trail with lots of large step ups. Finishing you off with an Erzberg style rock section at the end. If you go at it alone be prepared for a struggle.

Thomas

I bought all of my gear six years ago. I have to travel a couple hours to get to the hill, so I got on average of about 5 times a year. I only pay $25 for a lift ticket (military discount).

It's been the cheapest hobby I've ever had. If I wanted to go to the really small hill, I could get a season pass for 100 bucks as an early bird special, and discount.

$25 military tickets in Novia Scotia but this is Washington where a day on the ski slopes (total costs) will set you back $100 even with discount. Then you add in your family. Needless to say, we ski maybe 3X a year due to high cost. ?

$25 military tickets in Novia Scotia but this is Washington where a day on the ski slopes (total costs) will set you back $100 even with discount. Then you add in your family. Needless to say, we ski maybe 3X a year due to high cost. :ride:

my $400 seasons pass pays for its self time and time again ?

Wow, we just missed it! My buddy and i spent sat-wed up there. Had a great time , but we ran into a mystery, we couldn't find where trail 949 ties into quartz mountain from the quartz mountain side. Can anyone shed some light? Great picture Joe, glad we missed the white stuff!

The trailhead is kinda hidden and missmarked, I miss every time even with a map and GPS! It lies in a saddle of the Jeep trail. The trail looks like it goes off the lower part of the saddle, but is further up in the woods.