Sign in to follow this  

ktm 144 bottom end kit

Okay so I have to get a new crank shaft and all the other goodies to redo my bottom end. I am having a very hard time finding the parts to do this for my bike. I keep finding a wiseco complete bottom end kit but on every site it says 125sx. Will that kit work for my bike since its a 144?? Parts for this thing are so hard to find :smashpc:

Okay so I have to get a new crank shaft and all the other goodies to redo my bottom end. I am having a very hard time finding the parts to do this for my bike. I keep finding a wiseco complete bottom end kit but on every site it says 125sx. Will that kit work for my bike since its a 144?? Parts for this thing are so hard to find 👍

The only difference between the SX125 and SX144 are the cylinder bores, so yes. :smashpc:

Have your crank rebuilt by Andrew Cooksey at cookseycrank dot com. He can do everything from the simple rebuild to assembling the bottom end for you with all new seals and bearings.

Great guy too.

thanks for the replies!! Has anyone ever used the wiseco bottom end kit with good/bad results? If I decide to go that route or I may give Andrew Cooksey a call.

thanks for the replies!! Has anyone ever used the wiseco bottom end kit with good/bad results? If I decide to go that route or I may give Andrew Cooksey a call.

Do NOT use wiseco crank kit. Do a search on all of the crank failures here on TT. I would suggest HotRods. :smashpc:

Have your crank rebuilt by Andrew Cooksey at cookseycrank dot com. He can do everything from the simple rebuild to assembling the bottom end for you with all new seals and bearings.

Great guy too.

Before you spend any money, give Andrew a call... He knows his chit and will be abke to help you through the rebuild. I've only read about his work, as I haven't needed his services, yet... But when I'm ready, my crank will go off to him to be rebuilt and balanced.

hmm, I happen to have a complete top end out of a 2007 125 SX on my work bench: crank, cylinder, piston, & head. Heck even a pipe. Just came out last month. I had not thought about it much but I guess I should put it up for sale and move it. If your interested let me know. The bike was bought new in Feb 2010. New top end in the winter of 2010. My son has used it for the past two seasons. He is running a 2011 150 engine now. If your interested I will give it a good inspection could even send it off to Andrew for a third party inspection.

Joe...........

Another vote for Andrew he just rebuilt ,y motor forn very reasonable price, the motor has less vibes now, very smooth.