Sign in to follow this  

ttr 225 stator question

A direct match with no issues is 2001-2007 XT225 stator according to Yamaha. Part 4JG-85510-01-00 It's entirely possible there are others that have the same part with a different part number. My experience has been that Yamaha doesn't do such a great job of keeping track of parts it has replaced with upgraded ones.

The stator will fit in the engine. Your 225 flywheel will probably fit over the stator. The pulser coil on the 230 is integrated as part of the stator - I do not know if the flywheel and the stator are compatible.

The plugs are definitely different between the 225 and the 230.

I don't know if the CDI is compatible, I don't see why it couldn't be made to work though.

You would be fine if you got the complete 230 wiring harness, CDI, stator, flyhweel, made some minor adjustments with the starter solenoid and possibly spark plug coil.

It also wouldn't hurt to look at earlier XT225 and TT225 stators provided that they have both an ignition coil and a charging coil (XT definitely does, TT might), these too should fit the case, but the trouble is does the flywheel you have and the CDI you have may not work with those stators.

A direct match with no issues is 2001-2007 XT225 stator according to Yamaha. Part 4JG-85510-01-00 It's entirely possible there are others that have the same part with a different part number. My experience has been that Yamaha doesn't do such a great job of keeping track of parts it has replaced with upgraded ones.

The stator will fit in the engine. Your 225 flywheel will probably fit over the stator. The pulser coil on the 230 is integrated as part of the stator - I do not know if the flywheel and the stator are compatible.

The plugs are definitely different between the 225 and the 230.

I don't know if the CDI is compatible, I don't see why it couldn't be made to work though.

You would be fine if you got the complete 230 wiring harness, CDI, stator, flyhweel, made some minor adjustments with the starter solenoid and possibly spark plug coil.

It also wouldn't hurt to look at earlier XT225 and TT225 stators provided that they have both an ignition coil and a charging coil (XT definitely does, TT might), these too should fit the case, but the trouble is does the flywheel you have and the CDI you have may not work with those stators.

I know this is OLD, but if you're out there, do you know if a 225 stator (150w) would work in a 230?