Sign in to follow this  

polishing hubs

I am getting ready to polish my SM hubs WHY

1 I want nice looking hubs

2 don't have the cash to buy nice hubs , so work with what you have

and I have the tools and supplies to do it.

So this is my plan :

take lots of pics , using a level and a tape measure to get the ''dish'' of the hub for reasembly

right on two sheets of paper ''sprocket" and '' brake'' . the spockes from the sprocket side will go on paper market sprocket and so on

Does this sound like a good plan ? oh going to do rear wheel first then front

thanks

I think your on the right track for sure!

Get em done, should look sweet. It would finish your bike off perfectly I think.

So this is my plan :

take lots of pics , using a level and a tape measure to get the ''dish'' of the hub for reasembly

right on two sheets of paper ''sprocket" and '' brake'' . the spockes from the sprocket side will go on paper market sprocket and so on

thanks

Bad idea..... you should have the hubs powdercoated instead. You will never get the hubs looking good. Stop now :smashpc:

So this is my plan :

thanks

Any thought to powder coating? Might cost you 50 bucks!

yes , I did think about that but you have remove the bearing and seals for the backing process which really is not a big deal . It really is not the look I want

looking at what you have done with your bike already i think you'll do fine!!! as long as you take lots of pictures

Please don't take this personal ,as I do think highly of guys that want have their bike looking nice, but if I suggested to my Mrs that I wanted to polish my hubs , she would suggest that I needed psychiatric help.....👍

But I guess you should polish them to match your frame..:smashpc: ..and it is another long winter approaching..

If you polish them you'll need to maintain them to keep them shiny. I imagine that would be difficult.

Please don't take this personal ,as I do think highly of guys that want have their bike looking nice, but if I suggested to my Mrs that I wanted to polish my hubs , she would suggest that I needed psychiatric help.....:worthy:

But I guess you should polish them to match your frame..👍 ..and it is another long winter approaching..

so doc it's like this ..... :ride::worthy: