Sign in to follow this  

Header input

My 2006 has a cracked header after a previous trip out, I have a few options stock (high dollar even on ebay) fmf power or mega bomb. I know the horse has been beaten to death(i used the search feature and wasn't getting info i wanted) but i would like input from people that actually have these or have tried them what do you think? I'm not looking for 450 power from just a header or really any of a gain at all,It seems from the money aspect picking up a stainless power bomb seems to be a good option. But i want peoples opinion on them first.

I have the SS powerbomb and Q4 and it's nice. I came from a stock WR exhaust so yes there was a performance increase but don't know how much was from the header and what's coming from a flowing exhaust. The powerbomb looks pretty cool if not anything else.

See i have the fmf powercore ti 4 slip on ,so i was thinking that the PB would be a good option to pair with it for the price which now is under 200 bucks.Are you aware of what version you have mx or sx.?

I don't know. I thought the difference was the material it was made of but probably more to it than that. I bought whatever one that cost the least.

I would recomment the power bomb. Good build quality, and I feel I got some bottom end power. No reason not to get one.

First off, exhausts do not add power they move it around. So your question should really be one of: Where do you want the power? In my opinion you cannot go wrong with the DrD, the FMF or the Yosh. All reasonably priced and acceisble. Two Brothers are great as well but loud as hell, which I like. The vance hines and other brands start getting pretty expensive.

I know the principles of how they work, I do a lot of woods riding and between the trails we ride fire roads. I do a lot of fast paced woods riding I carry momnetum when I ride so something in the mid to upper rpm range would be nice with my gearing I don't feel my lowend is lacking I just want the power to hold longer in the top of a gear.

First off, exhausts do not add power they move it around. So your question should really be one of: Where do you want the power? In my opinion you cannot go wrong with the DrD, the FMF or the Yosh. All reasonably priced and acceisble. Two Brothers are great as well but loud as hell, which I like. The vance hines and other brands start getting pretty expensive.

From the dyno charts I've seen in magazines I can't agree that exhausts don't add power. You're correct they do move the power but a global statement they don't add power is misleading.

Where do you live that sound isn't an issue?

Haha, don't take it personally 92db!👍

I didn't just was curious. Nice that many live in areas where sound isn't an issue....lucky dogs!

I was just joking because of your screen name. I love dirtbikes, but loud pipes even annoy me... It's not so much the sound but I know people are going to get butthurt over it and more riding areas will get closed down. Also when people think louder = more powerful. The difference is I just get annoyed by it or think the owner is a douche, I don't try and tell them what to do or try and get their riding area closed.

I run a powercore with quietcore in it on a stock header and love it. I may get a powerbomb someday just because I think they look kinda cool... The only time I wish I had a louder exhaust system is when I ride past my turd bucket neighbor's house:busted:

Edit, I got the powercore because I wanted a quiet USFS legal muffler with a spark arrestor. I would have gotten a Q4, but someone told me they are essentially the same and I could get the powercore cheaper... But this isn't about mufflers it's about headers...👍

How do you like the quiet core when i repack my ti power core im thinking about getting one honestly im getting tired of the loud when i was 16 it was "COOL" now that im almost 20 i have mellowed out on that a bit.

I've actually never ridden it without the quietcore in it... It has a nice tone and isn't irritatingly loud, and best of all it is just bolt on! All you need to do is remove the allen bolt and the old spark arrestor (if you have one) and then bolt on the quietcore/SA.