Sign in to follow this  

jetting

ive been going through plugs like crazy in my bike its a 05 cr125 has fmf gold series fatty and i dont remember the slip on but its not spark arrested. well i had the jets at a 420 main jet 50 piolet and it seemed to run alright but bogged pretty good in lower rmps. also the side of the cylinder has oil dripping down it the bike was just rebuilt has the right head gasket and everything so what its telling me is im way to rich. so i tried a 410 main 45 piolet and that made it horrible! i went to 430 with the 50 piolet back in and seems to be better than b4 but now it seems to hesitate in 3rd and 4th. i dont know much about jetting so i was just trying different stuff out and seeing where it got me if it made it worse i went the opposite of what i just did only sizing 1 at a time either bigger or smaller. can anyone give me some pointers or recomendations on what to do i live in mid michigan so i think the elevation is pretty close to sea level and the temp is about 50-70ish depending on time of day.

thanks

first off, what do you mean by oil dripping out the side of the cylinder? you sure that puppy is sealed up properly? if you got an air leak and need to compensate by going extremely rich, youre going to be chasing your tail.

if everything is fine, i would raise the needle clip 1 from stock (moving clip up is lean, down is rich) and recheck.