Sign in to follow this  

2006 cr250

Anyone know the best combination of gas/oil for this bike? e.g. ratio and type of gas. I ran it 40:1 with pump gas but am hearing a couple buddies say their 2 strokes detonate and need race gas. Also have a PC works on the way and was wondering if reeds are worth getting. I had a PC and v force on a cr125 and was a great combo. Fill me in on some knowledge!

everything is ok. i just bought the bike week ago so just started experimenting with mixtures. started with 32:1 and then 40:1 i have only ridden it twice

I use premium pump gas, and HP2 oil mixed at 32:1 ratio.

In a stock bike 93 octane pump gas shouldnt detonate, if you have head mods etc. then it could detonate.

My unmodified 03 detonates like mad with the 93 garbage pump gas I've been getting.

A switch to vp c12 has cured this entirely. Klotz r50 36:1

In my 02 i run 50/50 sunoco leaded 110 and pump premium 40:1 with lucas oil. I do get some pinging with just pump gas. I have set my to .048 (was .070) and am more conecrned about pinging after that

Or you could go 16-1 and use a 10 series NGK plug.👍

Race Gas. 100:1 ratio. Pin it.

If that doesn't work try 50:1 with VP U4.2 and a 186 main, 69 fuel screw, and needle all the way at the top clip

Funny post but let's reserve 100:1 to the trials bikes only. 👍