Sign in to follow this  

California PiPi Valley Elkins Flat

Any idea of conditions at PiPi? We are heading up Saturday morning to ride for the day.

From the Rock Creek thread ---

I've been running around the hills these past couple days, and ran into snow of 3" at 5,000' elevation and up to 12" at 8,200' elevation. Snowed all day long today as well. Just not hard.

GT might open Sunday, but I wouldn't be waiting to find out if I really wanted to go riding this weekend. Cold weather and all, the shear amount of rain, 2 to 3 inches, and there will be more mud than I would want to ride still around on Sunday.

Yea, if it were me, I'd choose Elkins over GT this weekend simply because Elkins drains faster than GT does. The GT mud sticks and stains everything, Elkins is more potting soil-type dirt.

Yea, if it were me, I'd choose Elkins over GT this weekend simply because Elkins drains faster than GT does. The GT mud sticks and stains everything, Elkins is more potting soil-type dirt.

How does Foresthill compare? Got some guys wanting to go there tomorrow. I never ride Foresthill because I'm up rt50...

We rode on Saturday and it was perfect. Not too many people and the dirt was awesome. Rode trails 25 and 26 and had a great day.

DSC03244.jpg

DSC03243.jpg

DSC03236.jpg

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03240.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

Rode Pipi again this last weekend and there were great conditions again. No dust and no crowds.

2011-10-14_15-40-14_170.jpg

I was there Sunday. Killer conditions for sure.

IMG_2282s.jpg

I hate that picture! That used to be a nice creek crossing, until the Forest Service turned it into a F:censored:ing freeway! Nice rocky bottom, a right turn through some rocks getting out if you were going the opposite way, and it got deep enough in the Spring to be good for some laughs on some of the old TT rides there. Just another example of the government "making things better". Next is the bridge across the deep water crossing at GT. 👍:ride:

I think they should have painted the pavers "safety yellow" and done the whole trail. No mud and get rid of those whoops. Would be killer on the Supermoto.

We could rename the trail - The Yellow Brick Road. 👍

What trail are these picture from. Looks very nice.

I was there Sunday. Killer conditions for sure.

IMG_2282s.jpg

IMG_2269s.jpg

That would be on Trail 25 at Elkins, towards the west end of the loop. It's the trail around the main staging area.

I went across that same creek. It just looks nicer in his pictures:smirk: