Sign in to follow this  

2008 yz250f bog

I did search but all the bog issues I found were off idle. Bike starts fine, runs fine, the bog is in the middle part of throttle. Needle? Like you will be going, in a straight line, try to hammer the throttle and it bogs out.

If it bogs upon acceleration it's AP. If it hesitates at steady throttle then yes it would be clip position or needle taper (1/2 throttle)

If it bogs upon acceleration it's AP. If it hesitates at steady throttle then yes it would be clip position or needle taper (1/2 throttle)

AP is sticking or broken? Not sure what do about the AP??

okay so adjusting the fuel screw helped quite a bit. Now it bogs if yo hit the throttle quick like. Have not gotten the AP cover off, cant turn the darn carb far enough on the 08 and I didn't feel like pulling the subframe off. The boysen quick shot got rid of this on my 04 yz450 but I was told the 08 cover was fine and my 08yz450 has no bog at all, its jetted spot on. Thoughts on where to go with this now?

if it bogged in the middle, it will be the needle jet ( same happened with mine) if you had the carb apart anyway just buy a new jet, only like 3 bucks at a yami dealer, for cleaning the carb, i like to take a metal twist tie and strip the plastic off around it, spray some carb cleaner on the carb, use the little peice of wire to get in all the holes of the jets and holes, spray it again with carb cleaner, then use compressed air to finish it off

Mine's been doing this all summer long but only at certain times and not consistantly. My riding buddy swears that it's fuel boiling as he ran into this a few years back. He keeps a gallon of fuel on ice and pours it in evry time out on the track. If that is in fact the case, I think this may be fuel sloshing or bubbles or something in the AP circuit which is only temporary. When temps were way high, mine did it consistantly only the 1st time I pulled the throttle similar to your description... no bog out of a corner but bog at 1/2 throttle pulled to full while winding out that gear.