Sign in to follow this  

OEM replacement diaphragm for the aftermarket FCR39MX

It seems that I need a replacement diaphragm for an aftermarket FCR39MX as I was told that water had rotted out the rubber. I am in Canada and the Keihin distributor does not have the part 1201-858-2700 $16.00. Also, he was saying that there is a 3 month lead time on getting the parts in. DOH!

Does anyone know of an OEM diaphragm that would work so that I can grab one today?

Thanks

Here is a picture of the diaphragm:

Pooched_diaphragm.jpg

Edited by yu130960

any oem fcr diaphram will work. crf 250/450,rmz250/450,yzf250/450,kxf250/450,ktms...........

You are a prince!

Now to find a bloody dealer up here that has stock on anything other than a whole bike!

I was just looking through my 2010 receipts for tax reasons yesterday, and came across the dealer receipt when I ordered the CRF diaphram kit back in April.

Here's the part# if you want to get the kit. 👍

16021-MEB-771 ($24.09)

Try a Harley dealer....

Really, off what bike? I have called every Honda dealer within 200 km and no one has stock of that item and apparently, there are only 2 in the Honda Canada Warehouse!

Thanks for all your help guys, I am trying to take advantage of the last weekend of sun up here before the long winter.

really, off what bike? I have called every honda dealer within 200 km and no one has stock of that item and apparently, there are only 2 in the honda canada warehouse!

Thanks for all your help guys, i am trying to take advantage of the last weekend of sun up here before the long winter.

rmz450 2006

13480-35g00 diaphragm set

I was just looking through my 2010 receipts for tax reasons yesterday, and came across the dealer receipt when I ordered the CRF diaphram kit back in April.

16021-MEB-771 ($24.09)

Thank you and E.M. so much for the part numbers.

Any preference b/w the Honda and Suzuki?

Gents, we are not going to go here.

Please take this off line.

Nothing we can say will change anyone's mind.

The part as pictured above is used, and worn out.

When it got that, is anyone's guess.

6 year old carb is due a replacement AP Diaphragm, I would not have installed it without that and

Seal for the Vacuum Release Plate

Oring for the Float needle seat

Needle jet

Needle

Main, Starter,and pilot jets

Fuel screw o ring.

Fuel type with lots of ethanol makes those rubber bits last less long.

Carb cleaner makes those rubber bits last less long, or eats them directly depending on type.

.. It was due, replace and move on... Spit the cost, or what ever, talk about it off line.

I have bought back one carb out of the 10 or so sold,, that cab was sold stating it needed wear parts and jetting. .. The new owner never got it running well, i bought it back, fixed a striped screw hole, jetted it, replaced the AP Diaphragm and ran the carb for three months with no issues..

used carbs are a crap shoot, always are.

16021-MEB-771 ($24.09)

I ordered the above noted diaphragm from Honda. After the fact, I found a Yamaha grid that showed the four different diaphragms with the four different length stops.

Does anyone know the length of the Honda stop? Does it really matter? I know it has to do with squirt duration but just curious if I need the same size rivet on the diaphragm being replaced.

I ordered the above noted diaphragm from Honda. After the fact, I found a Yamaha grid that showed the four different diaphragms with the four different length stops.

Does anyone know the length of the Honda stop? Does it really matter? I know it has to do with squirt duration but just curious if I need the same size rivet on the diaphragm being replaced.

I don't remember the length difference between the 2. I didn't really scrutinize it. It may have been a tad shorter, but it was a perfect replacement. It came with everything you need in the kit.👍

For others searching this thread, you can also use the 2009 KTM 250SX-F which has a factory FCR39MX

Part# 57331057100 Diaphragm

The following page lists all four Yamaha Part # with the different length stop (mid way down the page)

http://www.thumperfaq.com/ap.htm

2009 YZ450F also has a FCR39MX carb

Diaphragm Rivet Size (mm) AP Squirt Duration (sec)

5JG-14940-18-00 8.00 1.40

5JG-14940-76-00 (standard) 7.46 2.07

5JG-14940-17-00 7.01 3.03

5JG-14940-16-00 5.96 3.30

Note: It seems that no dealer in Canada stocks this item and you are going to have to wait for it to be ordered in (arrggghh)

If anyone needs one I ended up with an extra one and can ship it out. email me at yu130960 at hotmail com

Edited by yu130960