Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Dungey's 2013 KTM 450 EFi

That is a sweet bike!

But I wonder what the production version will cost...around $10K??

-RJM

What is the 1st thing welded on to the pipe before the resonance chamber? I am sure the bike will be legal or they wouldn't be testing it. Nice looking bike.

Read the article. Its not a 450 exc, but the engine is based on that engine. Frame is different from any other KTM. The thing on the pipe is an oxygen sensor.

Тhe welded piece is a plug for some O2 sensor-a compulsory element for tuning the EFI...Good stuff!

Thanks forgot there was a link to the article, just saw pictures and starting drooling. 👍

What's so special about it ? Looks like a normal ktm ecxcept motor and frame !

Its not a 'push-button' starter... check out the coil from the other side of the big.

What is amazing to me, is that the engine alone is 6lbs lighter than the previous SXF engine...

This bike is amazing, I will be pre-ordering one once they are available! My 350SX-F is great right now, I can't imagine how pleased I'll be with this new 450 SX-F.

The article said that they removed the kick starter and plugged the hole. Production engines could have a new casting and save weight even more by not even having the option of a kick start like the current 450

Definately an awesome looking machine. Call me crazy, but i have always preferred frames to have color. Aluminum is frankly a boring choice for frame material, and all of the Jap offerings look very similar. The KTM looks to be smaller, with better placement of things. Service will always be easier on a small tube chro-mo frame, and lighter than the big bulky material needed to manufacture a aluminum frame. Chromo frames are much easier to tune in the correct character as well. Alm frames were in large part yet another marketing ploy to make steel frame bikes look dated. It also seems as though very few oem's ever obtained the balance they were after. Chromo frames being the benchmark.... Hondas alm chassis goes back to 97, and some say it's never been right. Most would say the first 3 gens were terrible, and only now is it very much acceptible. I think KTM nailed it on this one. That bike will look great on "the box"

I agree with Tucker78 and I hope Dungey has a great season.The bike just seems to have a nice flow head to tail.KTM should be proud.