Sign in to follow this  

2008 TE 250 Reviews

Hi Guys, I am looking at a used '08 TE250 with about 1400 light (mostly road) miles on it. I have owned and repaired 4 strokes for many years but I don't have any experience with Husky and I have heard mixed reports of reliability overall.

Can you guys shed some light on this specific year and model?

High maintenance? Known reliability issues? Trouble areas?

Thanks for the help!👍

Hi Guys, I am looking at a used '08 TE250 with about 1400 light (mostly road) miles on it. I have owned and repaired 4 strokes for many years but I don't have any experience with Husky and I have heard mixed reports of reliability overall.

Can you guys shed some light on this specific year and model?

High maintenance? Known reliability issues? Trouble areas?

Thanks for the help!👍

Low maintenance!

Known reliability issues... 2005 TE/TC250s had bad valves... that's it.

Trouble areas?.. really none... you can probably pick up an Athena 310 jug for it cheap.

If the price is right snap it up!

I like mine and not planning on getting rid of it. No issues except it took a while to get the fueling adjusted for the Athena 300 kit. I have a highly rated dealer who knows these bikes so i'm pretty confident about them.

ETA valve adjustments, if and when necessary, are quick and easy....check out some video on it made by Cafe Husky owner Coffee.

I have 200+/- hrs. on my 08 TE250 with only break-in valve movement. I check them once a year. There were some quick fixes like rear brake hose rubbing on the cases, Heat tape on air box for mid pipe heat. Check the spark plug cap and add dielectric grease and tape off top to prevent any water from getting in and stopping the bike. While your at it grease the rest of the connections. I had a starter relay go bad, might have been from water getting in otherwise no issues after EFI changes. Forks suck!@ they will need to revalved and use light oil 2-3wt. Need Synergy fork seals, OEM suck. Love the bike but looking to upgrade into either a new 2012 310 or a 300 BB kit for next year.

Known reliability issues...

fuel pump!

I'd agree but outright failures are few. If he's going to buy the 08 he needs to have them pull the pump and make sure it's secured with another zip-ty or better yet, a hose clamp.....and check the wiring etc while he's at it.

I'd agree but outright failures are few. If he's going to buy the 08 he needs to have them pull the pump and make sure it's secured with another zip-ty or better yet, a hose clamp.....and check the wiring etc while he's at it.

+1, I have yet to touch my pump. If you did have a fuel pump go bad, aftermarket has you covered.

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/products/fuel-carbs/fuel-pump-for-fuel-injected-husqvarna-4-strokes

Hazey123 - Where are you located in PA?

It looks like I'm going to make the trip to NY and pick up this bike. Can you guys elaborate a bit more on the fuel pump issues and fixes? "Secure with another Zip-ty" do they rattle or come loose?

Weantright- I am located in northwest (St Marys), PA just north of Dubois off I80

Fuel pump would become loose and move resulting in low gas light coming on too soon. Another issue would be the connections would come apart. A fix for this would be another zip-ty as said to hold in place. When the tank is off protect the fitting because it is non replaceable, at least easily.

Not sure what you are looking to spend on the bike but if interested I will be in East Keaton (40 miles east of St. Mary's rt. 120) this weekend if you want to test ride mine.