Sign in to follow this  

xr650l Externally Adjustable Preload Fork Caps

I have seen descriptions of people having fork caps with externally adjustable preload caps. Maybe showa had them on a differnt model with 43mm conventional forks. If anyone has any useful information on where I could buy a set, it would be much appreciated. I have an 08 xr650l with stock forks (resprung). Thank You.

Try the easrly suzuki dr400 forks. I'm not sure exactly which model or year but I noticed the external adjusters on one and A friend that does suspension mods said they will interchang with the Honda/Showa 43mms.

650L forks are already cartridge. Emulators are for older style plain damping rod forks. They do work well for those forks though.

the adjustable preload fork caps on the KTM/WP 48's run $160 EACH :worthy:

IMO they are not worth it..most set them and leave them, only have about 10mm of adjustment, they are a PITA when servicing the forks(require special tools) and can be damaged...remember K.I.S.S. :worthy:

On the L I found a simple change in the compression settings worked wonders when going from the slab to dirt. 👍

:ride:

P.S. If ur talk'n about an externally adjustable rebound u need different forks.