Sign in to follow this  

Getting used to the "elephant ear(s) again. What do you guys think?

We folks, I'm getting ready for my 800+ miles trip in 2 days, which will happen on Oct. 22nd-23rd.👍

You know what they say, "nothing works better than the oem part(s).

After running non-noticeable 2" mirrors for quite sometime now, I'm opting to use 1 of the stock mirrors for the long haul. Man, I tell ya! It's going to take a while to get use to "stock" one again. Today was the first day I've ridden with the 1 "elephant ear.":banghead: I have tried to mask it by putting some stickers to match the "black" fork guards I ocassionally use.:ride: Since my trip is musically related, I'm having custom graphics done to match the theme. It will be an ode to my good friend, The Skadfather, Dave Wakeling of The English Beat. I will post up some pics once I get it done. :worthy:

utf-8BYWFtaXJyb3IuanBn-1.jpg

i am looking for some hand guards for this winter how do you like those ones and are they Multi Concept X-Pro's. also how do they fit

i am looking for some hand guards for this winter how do you like those ones and are they Multi Concept X-Pro's. also how do they fit

I have only used Acerbis handguards. 1 set for track use, and 1 set for daily street use. They work well enough to block the wind off your hands.Yes, they are the "multi concept with the supermoto sliders & Cycra side-triple mounts." 👍

sanobmw5.jpg

adamsxbene2.jpg

Edited by smrookie

I ran without mirrors forever, but finally caved in and tossed on one Ken Sean mirror (which wasn't quite as ugly as the stocker to my eye). For around town, it's fine....

But if I was doing serious miles, I think I'd rock both mirrors. You'll be in the saddle alot, may as well have the abilty to check your six from all angles.

Sounds like a sick trip....enjoy!

Can't beat them for visibility but they suck for lane splitting 👍 Have a good time bud.

When riding with all the Crazies out there, it's always useful to know when one is sneaking up from behind...

Keep it safe on your trip there Mr.smrookie....👍

I have been riding with the small bar end mirrors on the handle bars for a month now and although they look great you simply can't see behind you as well as with the stock mirrors. You're probaly doing the right think by putting the OEM ones on for a long ride.

I started thinking lately that crap OEM parts are there for a reason e.g. I added the DRC tail light and small indicators, one massive improvement to the looks of the bike, love it 100%...but, mud and crap now flies up my back.

I am going on an 800km round trip in December, lets us know how your ride goes and post up (or PM) any tips.

Have a good one.

bought my DZSM used and it came with bar-end mirrors. Just bought a pair of stockers from a member on supermotojunkie and I've never been happier. It's nice to see everything.....and I mean everything. I hated trying to squint or look over my shoulder to see if a LEO was sneaking up behind me. They could look better, but meh....that's not as important to me.

These are worth a try if you think the stock mirrors are too big.....They actually work great ..I've been running em on both my bikes ...http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280570883049?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3986wt_1037

Doing this will turn your African Elephant into an Indian Elephant...lol..👍

These are worth a try if you think the stock mirrors are too big.....They actually work great ..I've been running em on both my bikes ...http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280570883049?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3986wt_1037

Doing this will turn your African Elephant into an Indian Elephant...lol..:worthy:

Those would look better. 👍 Shorter stems & a bit smaller mirrors.

Here's someone who found some good use of motorbike's mirrors. I passed by this car daily whilst running my dogs, so I thought I'd snap a photo of it.:ride:

utf-8BYWFtaXJyb3IyLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BYWFtaXJyb3IuanBn.jpg

I've always ran the stockers but had problems seeing behind me around my shoulders. I added some mirror extenders, it gives them a couple inches of height to see over and behind me. Works great and I don't care about them looking even bigger.

I've always ran the stockers but had problems seeing behind me around my shoulders. I added some mirror extenders, it gives them a couple inches of height to see over and behind me. Works great and I don't care about them looking even bigger.

Ok..you sure you had the stock mirrors adjusted correctly??

or you are tall and/or sit very upright?

Ok..you sure you had the stock mirrors adjusted correctly??

or you are tall and/or sit very upright?

There doesn't seem to be that many ways to adjust them. My shoulders/arms would fill half the mirrors, the extenders raised them up and outwords and allowed me to see around and behind.

I do sit upright, I am 5'11", 200lbs, 36" waist-30" inseam, short legs-long torso, wide shoulders.

There doesn't seem to be that many ways to adjust them. My shoulders/arms would fill half the mirrors, the extenders raised them up and outwords and allowed me to see around and behind.

I do sit upright, I am 5'11", 200lbs, 36" waist-30" inseam, short legs-long torso, wide shoulders.

We're both the same height, but you're a bit more stocky than me. I can't see behind me with the stock mirrors as well, unless you extend them outwards & upwards like you've done.

I'm tellin' you guys, it's been a chore for me so far to get use to the "elephant ears." I can't help but to keep noticing them as I ride, and can't get pass the blindspots on the corners of my eyesights.👍

Has anyone tried these http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/

Looks like a good idea, however they don't sell the mirrors by themselves, you have to buy handguards as well. Not an inexpensive way to put mirrors on, unless you need handguards also.

Powermadd has similar "handguard mirrors" and much cheaper alternative. The Powermadd mirrors can be had through Wheeling Cycle Supply. 👍

The Highway Dirtbike ones are not a cheaper alternative, indeed.:ride:

We folks, I'm getting ready for my 800+ miles trip in 2 days, which will happen on Oct. 22nd-23rd.👍

Since my trip is musically related, I'm having custom graphics done to match the theme. It will be an ode to my good friend, The Skadfather, Dave Wakeling of The English Beat. I will post up some pics once I get it done. :ride:

Got graphics printed last evening. Shroud & sidepanels will be installed today at work. Then, gas tank will be done later this evening.

utf-8BYWFFQmdyYWYuanBn.jpg

utf-8BYWFFQmdyYWYuanBn.jpg

utf-8BYWFFQmdyYWYzLmpwZw.jpg