Sign in to follow this  

Numb Nuts

So, this is awkward... but... my bike has been making my "junk" go numb. Is that normal? is there a solution? This is the WR250X, it doesn't really have vibration issues. The 500 vibrates much more and has never made my nuts numb... then again, I stand up on it a lot.

Wear some type of underarmour shorts they have the padding in the right places and keep your junk supported . And for god sakes stand up . lol

can't think of a better reason to stand-up. Why ask why?

I keep seeing an ad pop up about a gel seat. Might try that. WR-Products.com I think

You could try cycling spandex shorts. The padding should help. If you don't like the amount of padding (like me), you can also try triathlon shorts, which are basically the same thing, but with much less padding. I wear these and like them.

Hmm, I usually have to ride with the rubber bands on for it to get that way. Can't say that it happens otherwise, sorry. But I will make a note to myself to make sure that the WR250X gets some serious consideration from now on. I want things good and numb so I can concentrate on riding.

can't think of a better reason to stand-up. Why ask why?

I keep seeing an ad pop up about a gel seat. Might try that. WR-Products.com I think

People look at you funny when you stand up driving down the road 👍

+1 for standing up. Give 'em a break.... feels good to stretch the legs out a bit too.

I've actually found that if someone's driving real slow and blocking everyone behind them, standing on the pegs is a good way to get their attention.