Sign in to follow this  

Fitness benefits of trials riding....

My first test ride results, with a wireless heart rate monitor, iPhone and ANT+ dongle, have been posted on my blog:

http://blog.tarafrost.com/

I did some practice riding on my GasGas trials bike this evening, since my riding buddies were busy and didn't want to ride the trails. I put on the heart rate monitor for the trials session....and have posted the results on the blog a few minutes ago.

Again, very interesting results, that definitively show that riding a trials bike is one heck of a workout! 👍

I'm going to be posting updates to the Offroad Riding Fitness Benefits: A Personal Odyssey on my blog, to keep it in a central place. That will make it easier for me to share posts through various channels (SCORRA Forum, Google+, Blog, emails, TT, etc.)

More to come after this long weekend. Enjoy your turkey and stuffing everyone (at least those north of the border that celebrate Thanksgiving when it was intended to be held...during fall colours!)...but don't forget to ride lots (the weather is supposed to be spectacular!) and burn off all those extra calories you are gonna consume! LOL

Before I head north to the cottage, I figured I would add some info on weight and blood pressure tracking that I have been doing since March....and have posted the results on my blog:

http://blog.tarafrost.com/

Not specifically offroad riding related, but all part of my ongoing fitness odyssey, to improve my health and thus improve my riding performance, stamina and enjoyment.

Enjoy the latest post....and have a great Canadian Thanksgiving weekend....

what hardware are you using with your phone (the ant+ compatible deal)? are there any good bluetooth ones you know about?

nice post, thanks!

SZ

SZ:

There was a link in my first blog post on the subject on the Wahoo gear that I'm using.

iPhones dont support Bluetooth for non-audio devices, AFAIK, and besides, bt would suck too much power compared to ANT+, since the latter was designed to be very low power usage.

andrzej, Are you sure you want to hang out with , and ride with a (Tennessee redneck) like me when you come to TTC this Dec. You are way over my head !!! Don't know if I can keep up with you!!!!!!!!!! Maybe,things will even out, with a few drinks and I want seem some dumb after YOU get a buzz!!! 👍

Twang

andrzej, Are you sure you want to hang out with , and ride with a (Tennessee redneck) like me when you come to TTC this Dec.

For sure...it's gonna be a blast! Just think of me as a Canadian Redneck, eh! :ride:

You are way over my head !!! Don't know if I can keep up with you!!!!!!!!!! Maybe,things will even out, with a few drinks and I want seem some dumb after YOU get a buzz!!!

We'll keep the tech talk to a minimum...and stick to bikes and riding! On the riding front, you're liable to clean my clock!

👍