Sign in to follow this  

Pennsylvania Reading Anthracite Land

I am retired and ride during the week. I prefer riding tight rocky single track. If anybody is interested in riding send me a PM. I am not a beginner.

I am old school, I have a RAC Permit. I will be there on Monday 10/10 since

we are going to see the SUN and great temps.

I ride on the weekends I have to go reup my permit.As of recently I dont like all the bs and riff raff I see going on there w lack of gear helmets and all the hoodlums beer drinking and smoking weed and riding stupid.This place is gonna be over before it even begins 1 some dumb ass gets hurt there and then wants to sue every 1.If any of the owners of RAC saW ANY OF THIS Im sure they would shut down the land or bring some kind of big changes.Sorry bout the rant even tho Im from NJ IM not a jabroni nj shorer and this is my last place to ride if this place goes down Im get rid of all my bikes and quads.Why Im so pissed off Im sick of dumb asses ruining it for all of us responsible riders.

I understand your concerns. Riding during the week I don't see the crowds. I rode 4 hrs last Thursday and 4 hrs on Monday and met and/or rode with some good folks.

I parked off the Burma Road and did notice a lot of plastic bottles etc. People should clean up af:ride:ter themselves.

I go up every other weekend with a few buddies....heading up the weekend of the 22nd and again on the 29th if ur interested.

I usually take my quad as Im a little shaky w all the rocks on a dirtbike.I wear all the gear but Looking at some of that fist sized and above rocks,falling on them will hurt even w gear.Not to sound like a wuss but I cant afford to get hurt and not be at work.Even tho I have a younger brother who I live with.Falls over laughing Id get more help from my dirtbike falling on me then him.

Looks like my vacation from work is being extended another week and half. If you don't mind could you either PM me or post some info on the place your talking about. With this extra time I now have it may be possible to make a run up there.

Thanks, Jack.

Looks like my vacation from work is being extended another week and half. If you don't mind could you either PM me or post some info on the place your talking about. With this extra time I now have it may be possible to make a run up there.

Thanks, Jack.

pm sent

Saw a write up about RAC in a quad magazine. Apparently the state is trying to make the place into a Hatfield/McCoy type of trail system.

Good thing NJ isnt involved,when our state gets involved or takes over any project it gets all screwed up and goes overbudget.NJ would screw up a wet dream.

Rebel,

I moved to Atlanta for roughly 10 years then moved back to Jersey. As bad as Jersey is to the lifers moving away for so long and then coming back is a shock to the system. My wife and I were saying to ourselves how in the world did the people of Jersey let things get so bad. Everything you do here is 3 times more difficult and costs 3 times more. Can't believe I came back here.

This state is a damn shame. I looked at the site for this reading place it looks like a nice place. Are reg and ins req? I have considered registering in pa since they actually have parks to go to. Can anyone shed some light on what this place is like? Is it rocky through out the entire park like The Lost Trails up near wilkes barre? Or are there some areas of relief to ride in some coal shale or good dirt?

Reading anthracite isn't a park, its a coal company. You pay for a permit to ride on their land. Its up to you to look up where their property is. Your not really gonna find "good dirt" in the PA coal region.

Rausch creek trail riders is a park and its rocky.

rocky as hell but some like that...and TCTR the last time i was there...so much has been cleared its a damn shame...used to be alot more single track then there is now...im a track whore by nature but still like to trail ride on occassion...legal places to trail ride are tough to find...especially free ones lol

Its funny years ago people who had it all were like oh your lucky to be having a decent job wouldnt look at you in the Hole except to scoff at ya.Now John q baby boomer lost it all so he wants the government workers to suffer and have to pay because he cant have it all anymore.What people consider 25 bucks alot an hour in this state you barely arent making it on that.I see alot of mansions here in NJ,the taxes are 15 grand plus and I wonder what the bleep the people do to have that?Maybe ya gotta be a corrupt politician,sell out our country and then sell crack and weapons at the same time?