Sign in to follow this  

Roger DeCoster hat

I remember Roger in 1972 wearing a white cap with a Bell Helmets logo on the brim. Don't know what it was called or if they even exist anymore....

They were often called "Stroker" caps and were popular with the Trials bike crowd. Many of the Trials riders wore them while riding the courses before helmets became popular. They are still popular in England and Scotland, my son has picked up a couple while his wife is stationed in England. Often done in wool they can be found in the lighter cotton fabrics. Should be plenty of them on the web for sale if you can figure out the proper name for them?

Swiss

EBay shows them listed as Cabbie/Flat/Newsboy caps, take your pick. Found most of them are Twills or Tweeds and colored which would be typical, also the style has changed on them a little. listing is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Ivy-Cabbie-Driving-Newsboy-Golf-Hat-Cap-S-M-L-XL-/260784633104?pt=US_Hats&var=&hash=item8264632e60 for a white one. You can do some further checking to find one like Roger wore. I remember seeing him in the cap.

Edited by Swiss
added text

back in the early 70's we wore those hats all the time. thanks for the Bell link--might have to get one again.

either they don't have them or their site is experiencing problems could not buy one... think I will call em tomorrow and see waz up.

Ouch.... that sucks. Well I tried. Only other thing I've seen is this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Old-Stock-Bell-Helmets-White-Stroker-Cap-Hat-Size-7-/250862317026 Looks like it might need a good cleaning though.

EDIT: opps didn't realize bidding just ended

Edited by snookismooshsmoosh
mistake

Thanks for the link though! still lookin - there is a hat on ebay that swiss sent a link for then just sew on the Bell helmet patch