Sign in to follow this  

Braille lithium battery ?

I had thought the Shorai batteries were much more expensive last time I was looking around. Thanks for the recommendation, I don't know if Shorai's had a big price drop or if I was looking at the wrong batteries before but I guess those Brailles aren't such a killer deal after all.

I'm thinking the LFX14A2-BS12 and carrying my little jumper cables vs. the added weight and few hundred dollars of a kickstart kit.

just a re-labeled Deka battery (which is probably 1/4 the price of the Braille)

The lead acid's are, the lithium's are not.

I'd still go with a Shorai over it due to the charge balancing port on the Shorai.

I have a shorai where's the balance port?

Between the two terminals is a white rectangle. That is a cap covering a ten pin socket.

which does ?

I just want a ton of power so I can forget my key-on a little longer before I'm stranded and a battery that doesn't need a trickle charger when I go a month or two without a clear day.

LiPo batteries, when deeply discharged, can greatly benefit from have the voltages in each cell being maximied. A balancing charger does that.

Your bike will still need a trickle charger if you leave it sit for months due to parastitic draining from the OEM speedo. It will hold up better than a stock battery due to less loss of tha LiPo though.