Corbin seat price

I have a Corbin on my DRZ 400 SM and love it. I do notice I seem to slide forward occassionally on my Corbin when braking aggressively, but that could happen with the Seat Concepts or any other seat. The most important thing is that I can ride for hours with the Corbin without my ass hurting bad, it's worlds better than the stock seat. The biggest benefit for me is that at 5'7" with a 30" inseam, with my 18"/21" dirt wheels/tires on the bike, I can still touch the ground (albeit on my tip toes) and stop and start without fear of falling over (unless I'm off camber). And . . . $150 is a great price if the seat is in decent shape; a stocker costs $389 plus shipping.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, want to know is someone can assist me. I have an 06 DRZ 400 SM and wanted to replace the seat. When I unbolted the 2 bolts in rear of the seat and removed it found that the nuts that these bolts, bolt into were held there with a putty type material. Can someone please tell me how the bolts screw up from stock????? The nuts have worked themselves free now and now I cannot bolt up my seat. Want to be able to either replace these nuts but have them fixed properly or is it a matter of just welding them in place?

any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Had a Corbin for a torturous ride on the TAT. Reason being I am 6'2" and the seat was thin w/ very little padding. Not sure if Corbin makes a seat for tall riders ,but if the one your looking at isn't and you are over 6' tall then your not going to like it. Why all this emphasis on height??? Maybe not height but more leg length. I have a 34" inseam and sitting on the Corbin puts the butt bones on the seat creating uncomfortable pressure points even w/ a sheep skin cover!!. Think of a baboon's arse if riding very far. What you want from the Corbin or any otherseat is for the thigh of the leg to be what rest on the flat portion of the seat. This will increase comfort for the Corbin. I'm guessing that less than 32" inseam might put more of the thigh on the seat.

I gladly sold the Corbin for a seat concepts regular height which is taller and thicker than the Corbin and have only done 200 mile days on it so far, but am very pleased with it.