Sign in to follow this  

ACL Surgery 9/19/11 - accident policy question

I just had ACL surgery and I don't have health insurance so it was self-pay. Does anyone know of a good accident policy that is affordable to someone on unemployment?

Oh, and I'm doing rehab on my own and it is going well! I have an excellent PT who I worked with a bit on my hip surgery and he's basically given me the exercises and timelines in which to do them. I've had full flexion for about a week now and full extension since day 3 after the block wore off. And I can hyperextend my knee and lock it out like my good knee so things are going really well. I've done rehab on my hip, knee, and shoulder (twice) so I'm I know I'll be up and going in no time but I'll be extremely careful for a very long time.

Any suggestions for accident insurance would be very much appreciated!!!

Aflac is probably the most popular. But other companies such as Mutal of Omaha, etc. have had good ones in the past I know. Haven't looked at anything but Aflac for quite awhile. How old are you?

I would also price an individual major medical policy. look at a 2500-5000 dollar deductible. most should have no copay after the deductible is met. If you compare to low deductible like 500-1000 with 80/20 co-pay to a max out of pocket of 5K, the prices are much higher. when I sold insurance years ago I would show the comparisons to people and they were amazed. If your healthy and live a healthy lifestyle your paying yourself for being that way.

I'm unemployed and have to make loan payments for my ACL surgery so health insurance is out of the picture, totally. All I can possibly afford is an accident policy. :-) I'll just keep searching and make certain I get a reputable company, if there is one in insurance. :-)

I'm unemployed and have to make loan payments for my ACL surgery so health insurance is out of the picture, totally. All I can possibly afford is an accident policy. :-) I'll just keep searching and make certain I get a reputable company, if there is one in insurance. :-)

contrary to public belief there are some good companies out there. Mutual of Omaha as I mentioned is a very good company. As is MetLife, Cigna, etc. But Aflac is probably the best buy for accident stuff