Sign in to follow this  

Can newer F plastics fit older 02-07 style CR 125/250's?

I have an '04 yz125 that has the 2010 250/450 F front fender and '06 front number plate. Looks very fresh and new. My buddy is buying an 02-04 ish CR125 and wondered if there was something similar. I told him I'd ask the TT folks.

The newer fender will bolt up and a new style cycra number plate will fit since it zip ties to the fork legs. The rest isn't so easy. The shrouds can be made to fit with some work, the rest needs some serious sub frame mods.

The newer fender will bolt up

Know specifically which one? Which year?

.....and a new style cycra number plate will fit since it zip ties to the fork legs.

What is the "new style". What is the newest year that still actually fits?

Now that we know it "can" be done, just wondered what year plastic, maybe a Cycra part number, pictures would be awesome, etc. Thanks!!

New fender = '09 CRF and up.

Link to the Cycra Stadium style plate on BTOSports: http://www.btosports.com/p/CYCRASTADIUM

Here's a great example of what it can look like with those 2 things

IMG_0916.jpg

oh dear mercy!! That is one sick effing bike!! I am getting a 250 soon, and I am going CR!! I'll keep my YZ for 125 duties.

So....that is a Cycra '09 250F front fender, and is that also an '09 front number plate? Any mods to get the number plate on?

Last, what year is your bike? Georgeous!!

Any '09 plus fender will work though your going to have to make some stand offs that are about a 1/4" or so for the two front bolts. The old style fenders mounted directly to the bottom of the lower triple clamp where the new style has the mounting points moved to two tabs on the front.

The number plate in the above picture is a stock '09 plate the Cycra stadium plate is what a lot of the factory teams use with the sections that must be zip tied to the forks. Either should fit fine.