Sign in to follow this  

New photos of my yz426f :D

2011%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2283635-full.jpg

2011%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2283634-full.jpg

2011%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2283633-full.jpg

2011%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2283632-full.jpg

👍:ride::ride:

Next projects are new brake pads, tyres, and a Pro Moto Billet kick stand. The former two have already been purchased at Chaparral's recent parking lot sale here in So Cal. :worthy: I bought Maxxis Desert IT tyres and Galfer brake pads.

Always looking for people to help me learn, so if you want to help me change tyres and brake pads, message me. There's lunch and beers in it for you if you want to come over. I live in Riverside.

--Kory

Edited by TattooedRedHead
added info...

Looks great! So far I've been pretty happy with my PMB kickstand.

Changing brake pads is a piece of cake, just remove the caliper and there should be one bolt holding the pads in. Remove that and they should come out no problem. While you're at it you might want to flush out the brake fluid. I'd do that before replacing the pads though in case you get some fluid on them.

Changing out the tires... Well that's more of a pain. It helps a LOT to have tire irons, and to use soap or soapy water on the tire as you put it on. You can probably find a video on youtube that will describe the process better than I can... I'd love to come over and help out, but I'm a little far!

Oh! Also, I did this little diddy of a project to my new O'Neal boot.

2011%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2283662-full.jpg

I basically riveted in a strap of heavy duty vinyl laced through my boot knife sheathe. Those metal rivet stops were crafted by yours truly.

I'll probably get some rubber/plastic bolt caps to go over those rivet heads, add a little black silicone sealant on the inside so they don't slip off. 👍

Looks great! So far I've been pretty happy with my PMB kickstand.

Changing brake pads is a piece of cake, just remove the caliper and there should be one bolt holding the pads in. Remove that and they should come out no problem. While you're at it you might want to flush out the brake fluid. I'd do that before replacing the pads though in case you get some fluid on them.

Changing out the tires... Well that's more of a pain. It helps a LOT to have tire irons, and to use soap or soapy water on the tire as you put it on. You can probably find a video on youtube that will describe the process better than I can... I'd love to come over and help out, but I'm a little far!

I bought two tyre irons, 24" ones and have watched a few you tubes on how to do it... Windex is the key, so I hear. :worthy:👍

As for the brake pads... I'll read my service manual multiple times and work with a motorcycling buddy to do it.

Thanks! :ride: