Sign in to follow this  

radiator hoses replacment?

how often do you replace yours? what is a good brand? what happens if a hose starts leaking during a ride and you dont know? would the bike seize up? i think i might replace my hoses at the end of the year just to be safe so they dont blow while im riding. do you do the same?

You don't need to replace them unless they become dry rotted and have potential to break or crack, causing a leak, which will over heat the engine, causing it to cease. I replace my hoses for aesthetic reasons only. CV4, Motohose, Factory Effex, Pro Circuit all make some nice silicone hoses. But unless you have a bulge in your hose or they;re dry rotted and your clamps aren't cutting the hose, you shouldn't have to worry about them. Heres my CV4 Y-kit in blue.

1234.jpg

yeah no need to replace them, you will usually know when they are leaking to cause a heap of steam comes up and u can smell the radiator fluid

Radiator hoses will typically outlast the bike as long as they don't get damaged from a crash. etc.

I still have the original rad hoses on the 1982 RM250 I raced last weekend.

When we have needed to we have bought replacement hoses from a local radiator hose manufacturer... the ones they use for cheap cars trucks machinery. They have so many sizes, lenghts and shapes you can easily find one that fits or slightly modify one.

They last just the same and they cost $1 buck a piece.