Sign in to follow this  

I have an identity crisis also!!!

The numbers on my crankcase on my 03' yz250 don't match the vin! The crankcase numbers are G108E-008390. THE LAST SIX OF MY VIN IS 008354 !!!!! this is a problem for me cause I am still waiting for my title. It's in the mail but its an Oregon title and I have to get the bike inspected. What if the motor is stolen? But the frame isnt?

I'm pretty sure all they check is the frame VIN, at least in ID. People put different motors in all the time. If you look up frames on ebay, often they will say that a title is included.

So they wouldnt cross reference the engine numbers with the VIN to see if the engine is stolen? And another thing, the LEFT hand side of the cylinder jug, near the rear cylinder nut where it bolts to the cases is a little circular inprint, it says 05. Does this mean I have an 05 cylinder?

I've never seen a title with the engine numbers in place. Also, the engine numbers never match the frame. No big deal. My 06 still has its original cases and frame. Neither number is even close to matching.

I'm sure the engine number means something, just not sure what.

I've never seen a title with the engine numbers in place. Also, the engine numbers never match the frame. No big deal. My 06 still has its original cases and frame. Neither number is even close to matching.

I'm sure the engine number means something, just not sure what.

Well *** then? somebody somewhere made a big stink about this and had me thinking my bike was gonna get impounded and whatnot possesion of stolen property. 👍

Mine dont match either on my 06, But all that matters to me is the frame number match the numbers on my Pink slip.