Sign in to follow this  

2010 530 xc-w six days or 09 450 xc-w?

I'm going to look at both of these bikes, and both are priced the same. The 10 has lower miles / better ad-ons.

Which bike would be better? Concerned about any known issues and if the 530 would be to much power...although I have a buddy that has an 04 ktm, I believe it's a 515/520? His power seems fine.

thx.

If they're both the same price it's kind of a no brainer. Buy the newer bike with lower miles and better ad-ons.

530 all the way, better options, more power, same wieght, and can tame the power down with unplugging one wire. And the extra power will be nice with a snowbike kit!

the 2010 six days is basically a 2009 bike isnt it?

really your just comparing 450 vs 530+addons, I would go 530 myself, if the trials are too tight for a 530 they are also too tight for a 450

the 2010 six days is basically a 2009 bike isnt it?

really your just comparing 450 vs 530+addons, I would go 530 myself, if the trials are too tight for a 530 they are also too tight for a 450

The 2010 Sixdays is actually a 2010 with the upgrades for that year (steering head angle change, gear hardning etc. The 2010 Champion Edition (Redbull) is the one that's actually a re-badged 2009.

Another vote here for the 530!

Hodakaguy

Be cautious of the 09 450 xc w. I have one. Found out the hard way about poor factory rings in the 08-09. Had to have a $1,000.00 top end job done at the dealer as I'm not that kind of wrench to do this job. Go with the 530 if those are your only two options.

Yea, this is a no brainer, 2010 S/D will have much better resale value, has a factory fan, better rings, updated frame, the leak jet bowl, skid plate, a few other 6 days goodies, is lower miles, some prefer the 530 in the tight stuff because of the better low end power. I have one and it has been a great bike in the tight stuff, the motor chugs down to nothing and refuses to stall and makes great power without getting the revs up. The only disadvantage is the weight, but both those bikes weigh the same. I'm a little surprised they are the same cost, that 530 should be about a grand more than the 09.

Pulled the trigger on the 530! Super clean and the guy took real good care of it. Just bought it Tuesday night and left to Portland Wed. for a short vaca, thus won't be able to ride it till next week...that is if it doesn't snow.

I can't frickn' wait!!!