Sign in to follow this  

Advice on parting out

After dealing with numerous douchebags on craigslist I am half considering parting out my 05. For those of you who have seen it it has quite a bit of aftermarket stuff.

Does anyone have some general advice for parting out? For example, I have no idea what to charge for the frame, triple clamps etc. I also don't want parts sitting around for six months.

Is the general consensus that you can make more money parting a bike out?

You can make a few more bucks in some cases, but you will without a doubt have parts sitting around for months and you get the money here and there rather than all at once as if you'd sold the bike.

Best bet is to look on ebay for used parts that you have, and see what they are going for.

You'll have parts sitting around for sure. Frames don't seem to move to quick either, maybe yours will. I listed on Clist and classifieds here. I got lucky and one guy in Canada found me and has slowly been buying everything. If it wasn't for him I'd still have a ton. Still sitting on swingarm and frame though. I even sold stuff for half of what I had in it to get rid of it.

Im looking for a big tank for a 05 up KX250 if you have one.

Ebay would be much better then craigslist for parting out imo.

I agree except for they will rape you...unless there is a way around the fees that I don't know about.