Sign in to follow this  

klx 331

hi guys. whats my klx 331 worth ? with clark 2.7 tank alm. handel bars garmin gps gold vales in fork. jet kit carb. a 2007 with about 5000 mi. burns some oil. about 4 oz. per 100 miles over 25 lb removed bought bike new in 2008. iam 73 and may give up riding. dave

Dave,

Sounds like some nice mods and significant investment made there. 25 lbs less is some serious weight removal for this bike. Are the removed parts available to the buyer? But 4 oz of oil burn over 100 miles sounds like a LOT to me. That's approaching 8% of the total volume for just a short ride. My 2006 has over 6000 miles and doesn't burn any noticeable amount over 1000 miles between oil changes. Personally, I'd be reluctant to get into that bike due to the oil problem. If that issue wasn't there, I'd probably be willing to consider around $2,000 if it was otherwise in great condition knowing that mod costs are seldom recuperated in a resale.

all stock parts go with. also shop man. a 13&15 front sp. has klx 300 air box & klx 300 rear spring. small turn ind. runs strong. out runs a xr400.. no smoke on start up .not much smoke when acell . first 100 mi. after oil change maybe half a oz. dave