07 150RB start/idling problems

There are probably dozens of threads about this but I cant seem to find one with my exact problem. Last weekend I took my 07 CRF150RB out riding in the desert with my buddy and it was running great! Then I went to start it on Thursday and it was really difficult to start even with the choke on. I let it run for about 3 minutes with the choke on to get it warmed up, took the choke off and it just died. I continued to have the problem, start with choke on, dies when i take the choke off. I managed to keep it running a little bit longer by revving it, but when i did that it popped really bad. I tried adjusting the air/fuel mixture screw but no luck. I'm running 135 main and a 45 leak jet. If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

valves...clearance has probably zeroed out and they need an adjustment....was having same problems with my sons...we shimmed them and now it runs and starts alot better...i ordered a new top end and intake valves and will probably just replace everything together once the intake clearances start to move again...

valves...clearance has probably zeroed out and they need an adjustment....was having same problems with my sons...we shimmed them and now it runs and starts alot better...i ordered a new top end and intake valves and will probably just replace everything together once the intake clearances start to move again...

I would say valves too but he says it starts but as soon as he turns off the choke it dies. And the popping sounds like a lean condition.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...