Sign in to follow this  

Boiling oil with my WR?

Hey Now….I rode a challenging rocky, rooty, hilly trail today and got stuck at least 5 or 6 times. I used this technique with some success but also was spinning my back wheel.

At one point when I had stalled and tipped the engine was making a funny noise and smoke was coming from somewhere. I believe I was told my oil was burning. So we waited a few and started again. However this happened at least two more times when I just stalled and I did not wait….I just started her back up and rode. SO MY QUESTION IS….is the sound and smoke really bad? Do I need to add some oil? If I have to wait on the trail how long should I wait? What is that sound - boiling oil?

Thanks

I think it's more likely coolant being pushed into the plastic reservoir behind the left-side number plate.

That can make a funny gurgling noise.

I doubt the engine oil was boiling.

If the engine oil was boiling, the engine would probably be wrecked by now.

I think it's more likely coolant being pushed into the plastic reservoir behind the left-side number plate.

That can make a funny gurgling noise.

I doubt the engine oil was boiling.

If the engine oil was boiling, the engine would probably be wrecked by now.

That makes way more sense and it was a gurgling sound. Fortunately I thought about what you said and checked the overflow coolant container before my ride yesterday and sure enough it was empty. The bike rode great all day. Thank you.