Sign in to follow this  

2005 / 2007 KX250 ICS Spring Length?

Hi. Does anyone know how long the ICS springs are on the 2005 and 2007 KX250 (both two-strokes). I see some places have springs that are 90mm and some are 105mm. Some places seem to have a spring spacer. I have not taken either set of forks apart that far, so I have not had the chance to measure them.

Are the 2005 KX250 springs different than other KYB springs? They are the first year Kawasaki had twin chamber forks. I don't see anyone listing them in any catalogs or websites.

Thank you.

Yeah, you stumbled across the KYB TCV forks.

The ICS spring is too short, main spring as well for that fork. You need spacer to fix it.

Just use the search, tons of information there what to do.

Thanks for the info. I did search some. I will search some more. I am familiar with the springs providing about zero mm preload. I have Race Tech springs in there now.

The 2005 KX250 inner spring / fork cap assembly is 2005 only, as far as the part numbers go, so I am not sure if 2005 is the exact same as 2006 / 7 or not.

Thanks for letting me know the 2006 is 105mm. I am wanting to order some softer ones this winter.

russ17, what rate did you go with (if you changed them)? Thanks again!

how do you know the ICS has no preload?

when the base valve assembly is installed, the lower position of the free piston is a result after bleeding it at the top position. so if the free piston rattles when the BV unit is removed it doesn't mean automatically it has no preload when installed.

I had both a 2005 and a 2008 KX but didn't put an eye on the ICS details...