Sign in to follow this  

03 rm125 -need a quote

hi i have a 03 rm125 with a full race engine. i recently either bent a shift fork or wore something down cus it hopps out of second gear into either neutral or third. will someone please tell me how much a shop would charge me. im guessing around 600

hi i have a 03 rm125 with a full race engine. i recently either bent a shift fork or wore something down cus it hopps out of second gear into either neutral or third. will someone please tell me how much a shop would charge me. im guessing around 600

more like $350.

i did mine for $40. part was 36, misc washer was the other $4. it is easy, i took apart my yammahas tranny and it wasn't that hard. BUT it did NOT require spiting the case. your RM will. the shifter shaft and forks where all on the right hand side behind the secondary side case cover. took me a good 3-4 hours to swap tranny parts over from one engine to the next.

600 would be about normal if you dont do bearings or anything else. but my belief is that if youre gonna have the cases apart, do every bearing and seal while you're in there. its just cheap insurance. have your crank trued and balanced and throw in a fresh top end as well. so from there, youre looking at a little more than 600, but its worth the peace of mind. best advise i can give you is to DO IT YOURSELF! its really not that hard. just walk through it slowly and mark everything. take plenty of pictures to make sure everything goes together correctly and to ensure uyou route everything right.