Sign in to follow this  

Quick question

I posted this in the kenda thread but havent had a reply, does anyone know what this is?

With the new kenda k761 in sand I get a headshake and it feels as though the rear wheel is flat...? Ive checked the tyre pressure and all the mechanicals there but I cant find anything loose.

Does anyone know why the kenda feels like this?

I have no answer for you but I'd like to say, you have guts riding that tire in sand, or anything else for that matter other then paved roads. Be careful with those while off road.

I'm stuck with a whole lot of sugar sand out here in South Jersey and the Kendra 270 handles it pretty darn well. Since I ride my bike every chance I get I ride a whole lot off paved roads/highway. And the 270's are good up to 65 MPH and so far are wearing very well. Ive clocked about 1,200 miles on them and so far they show only slight wear. The front seems like it's wearing out at a faster pace then the rear though.

Good luck

The only explanation I can think of is that the sidewall is soft and when riding in sand the tyre deflects to the side of the rim, causing a pendulum effect????

If you ride slowly you can ride allmost anywhere with any tyre just dont be stupid 👍

Just one more question:

With the kenda on the rear I have allmost no chicken strips up front, will the front give a warning before I taste the tarmac? And if it warns me should I open up, roll off or just aim for a soft patch next to the road?

I have no answer for you but I'd like to say, you have guts riding that tire in sand, or anything else for that matter other then paved roads. Be careful with those while off road.

I'm stuck with a whole lot of sugar sand out here in South Jersey and the Kendra 270 handles it pretty darn well. Since I ride my bike every chance I get I ride a whole lot off paved roads/highway. And the 270's are good up to 65 MPH and so far are wearing very well. Ive clocked about 1,200 miles on them and so far they show only slight wear. The front seems like it's wearing out at a faster pace then the rear though.

Good luck

I'm not sure if it's guts or stupidity...

I'm leaning towards skill but eventhough I can easily beat Rossi and RC I don't want to steal the GOAT title from RC so I crash every now and then just to fight the boredom while sliding the mighty DR at 200mph+ on the great african roads...👍