Sign in to follow this  

Florida Saturday Croom Ride Report YO!!!

3 of us headed to Croom early this morning.

The weather was great. We had a few drops of rain, but it didn't effect us.

We took it slow as a buddy of mine is just getting started in the dirt. Also I'm just simply slow. Thank you Jason for being so patient.

Early in the afternoon I felt I needed to do my part at Croom. You know clearing some more trees.

I was riding at a decent pace into berm. The front end plowed right into a small tree. That poor innocent tree.:worthy:

Doh.jpg

The bike was fine minus a some scratches, and a broken zip tie on the bark busters.

The riding was good, but the company was great.:ride: Jason it was great to see you Brother. Sorry I was really out of it this afternoon. I couldn't keep a line to save my life. To save my life I can't figure out why I keep plowing the front.👍

Edited by Reef

Looks like you had a good time 👍

Been raining here all day :ride: and like 80% for sun.

Hope to get some riding in next weekend if I do not have to work.

Nice looking bike :worthy::ride:

You like it better then the honda?

Looks like you had a good time 👍

Been raining here all day :ride: and like 80% for sun.

Hope to get some riding in next weekend if I do not have to work.

Nice looking bike :worthy::ride:

You like it better then the honda?

Oh yeah. The Honda was a great bike, but I love the 2 stroke. I'm glad I went the 2 stroke route and with a KTM.

It was a good day of riding till you guys left. Then I got brave and headed out on the single track by the pine parking area by myself. It went well until the ride back i got my right foot caught on a vine and pulled me off the bike. The bike is fine but I'm gonna be walking with a limp for a few days, it feels like I overextended my ankle.

Still a better day than working!

Look up happy trails on w2r I posted the adress if anyone wants to come out good trails and some hill climbs just went today be out there this week again

Yes they do!

n1460972112_109424_4204.jpg

Ouch!!!! Looks almost like a rope burn. That couldn't have felt good at all. One of these day I'm gonna go out there with a lopper and do some trimming.

Yes they do!

n1460972112_109424_4204.jpg

YOWZA!!!

That doesn't look so fun.

OUCH!!

I itches just by looking at it.

Down in the swfl area we werent so lucky with the rain. had to cut my day early because of rain.

Scott,

You still holdin' on to that story it was a vine huh?????????

You know dam well that happened after a drunk fest and you tried to hug your ole 2 stroke and that burn is from the header pipe!!!👍:worthy:

Geez, what some guys will do for attention.:ride::bonk:

Don:thumbsup:

Scott,

You still holdin' on to that story it was a vine huh?????????

You know dam well that happened after a drunk fest and you tried to hug your ole 2 stroke and that burn is from the header pipe!!!👍:worthy:

Geez, what some guys will do for attention.:ride::bonk:

Don:thumbsup:

***looks down and kicks the ground****

Getting used to how a KTM turns vs a Honda took me a while. I came off a CRF 450 onto a XCW450 and had a tough time keeping the front end from knifing. I had the suspension set up, different tires, experimented with bar position etc... Basically the KTM is a shorter wheelbase and is made for tight singletrack handling. The CRF was made for bonzai blasts across whoop sections with a longer wheelbase.

Eventually I found on my 4t KTM that I had to accelerate entering the turn/berm in order for the front end to stay "light" and not try and knife in. I also had to adjust my position on the seat. However I just got on a 300 2t (same as your bike) and found that it turned much better than my heavy 4t and handled more like my old MX bike in the turns. I still think what helped me the most was carrying more momentum into the turn for sand berms and MX turns. In tight singletrack a good ol brake slide or just "run it in" and flick it over works the best.

Mark C