Sign in to follow this  

best four stroke?

What is the best four stroke for woods riding. crf250r, yz250f, or kx250f? i want one that is reliable and doesnt go through valves like crazy. i wont be revving the heck out of it. i am a honda man so i was leaning towards honda but what do you guys think?

Well the Honda 250f's are known for going through valves faster than the Kawi and Yamaha. This is mainly on the older models as i think the newer ones are better. The Yamaha 250f is known as a great trail bike and extremely reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either 3, but for a trail bike, i'd go YZ.👍

if you need a crawler 1st gear for the idaho mt's I'd buy an enduro bike with a wide box. KTM, crfx, wr for example. you will pay a weight penalty, but gain estart and a bigger gas tank and 18" rim and a kickstand.

Between those particular bikes, I would buy the YZ. However, personally, I would never own a 250F. They are heavy for the power they produce and they are high maintenance. There are many viable 2 stroke options these days for the trail, such as the KTM 200/250/300 EXC (depending on experience). Why are you set on those 3 bikes?

Between those particular bikes, I would buy the YZ. However, personally, I would never own a 250F. They are heavy for the power they produce and they are high maintenance. There are many viable 2 stroke options these days for the trail, such as the KTM 200/250/300 EXC (depending on experience). Why are you set on those 3 bikes?

I agree about the two-strokes, either Gas Gas or KTM, but if you're looking only at the smaller four-strokes I'd consider a Husky TXC250 or 310.