Sign in to follow this  

i give up...

93 yz250....im upset enough about the fact that i cant get my front suspension back together....home made damper rod holder tool just gets chewed to pieces every time i try to take them apart and put them together....cant even find a real one...

but now, after decided to do something else i cant get the power valve back together in the right position....

when i put this side in the right position according to the manual....

SAM_0313.jpg

This piece wont line up with the holding pin as you can see here....

SAM_0312.jpg

what gives?!?! the valve wont turn 180 let alone 360...is that normal?? I'm never buying a used bike ever again....2012 yz450 next year...**** this 👍 I have only rode this thing twice....i want to light it on fire.

motion pro, race tech, and your local yamaha dealer should be able to get the right tool for your forks, or if your cheap like me but have an impact gun leave the spring and fork cap on compress the forks and zip them off with the air gun.

remove the rag out of your exhaust port, the 2nd picture looks about right the 1st picture I cant remember its orientation but with the rag removed and the piston and bottom center it should rotate without a problem , get a flash light and look up in the port to see if the halves are bolted back together correctly. if the psiton is at top dead center the power valve cant move that much because it will hit the piston.

if you think this is bad working on this 93 ,do not buy a modern fourstroke unless you are the type trade it in at the end of the year