Sign in to follow this  

XR650R Airbox bolt stripped

Hey guys,

Anyone have a suggestion for getting a stripped bolt out of the airbox's top mount?

I have a Baja Designs regulator bolted to the top of the airbox and I may have stripped it.

Is it possible to strip the threads in the top of the airbox?

Thanks!

Man I hate when that happens, does the brass insert just spin or is the threads actualy stripped?

Man I hate when that happens, does the brass insert just spin or is the threads actualy stripped?

Its hard to tell- the bolt has a little torque/resistance, but for the most part it just spins, so I think the brass insert is spinning?

Clamp some vise grips on the protrusion/insert that will help it from spinning and using a small air butterfly impact try and spin it out.

The impact will help jar it loose.

Pop's

Clamp some vise grips on the protrusion/insert that will help it from spinning and using a small air butterfly impact try and spin it out.

The impact will help jar it loose.

Pop's

You mean I get the vice grips on the brass insert by going through the airbox? Because I cant access it from the top (the bolt & reg are the in-place)?

Thanks again Pop's!

You mean I get the vice grips on the brass insert by going through the airbox? Because I cant access it from the top (the bolt & reg are the in-place)?

Thanks again Pop's!

Shoot that's a bummer, penatrating oil and butterfly impact......like I said that sucks when them inserts strip out on ya..

Shoot that's a bummer, penatrating oil and butterfly impact......like I said that sucks when them inserts strip out on ya..

10-4. I'll give it a whirl. Thanks!

On the impact you want to just bump the trigger until it breaks free "keep bumping it", if you just hit the trigger and hold it there it will make matters worse..

Pop's

On the impact you want to just bump the trigger until it breaks free "keep bumping it", if you just hit the trigger and hold it there it will make matters worse..

Pop's

Got it. Thanks!