10-18-11 update...:( still in tears...I'm 20 years old and Hit by car on Z...

10-18-11 Update...bike was appraised, marked as totaled so I get to keep it...the bikes salvage value is 400, the helmet and pants and boots were not included in the value its separate...bike after taxes fees and salvage value deduction is valued at 2505.72...

Edit update: Torn Meniscus along with a few other partial tears, crutching around cant return to work for minimum of 2 months :worthy:, dont know when i can ride again :/

Driving home from a friends house and bam...er...bikes totaled pretty much. Me being 20 years old i worked for everything I have. My Z was my pride and joy. She's totaled now...all because a RETARDED 46 year old woman can't see my headlight??????! I didn't have it on???! that's what she said when i left...I tore her front bumper into pieces. I had a 40 mile per hour head on collision pretty much with a Honda 2010...She was going south i was going north. She decides "im gonna turn" and i try to aviod something that i couldn't. Miraculously, not only am i alive, i only have bruises and abrasions after being tosses 50+ feet off the bike. I have a bruised thumb, messed up left knee, could be ligamental, need to wait, and a few cuts. Some neck and back strain also. All in all i survived death again. For those of you who don't know, which is just about all of you, I am a cancer survivor. It runs in my family. At the age of 18-19 months, I had a Wilm's tumor stage 3/4 unfavorable. 5 people in my family have had cancer, I am the only survivor. 11 hour surgery, kidney removed, and 66 weeks of chemotherapy, and here I am ?...I try to cherish life. Now that my Z's gone its going to be much harder. Don't know how long I'll be out of work, don't know how long till I take this woman for every dollar that is rightfully owed. I have no idea. I'm lost staring at my screen wishing it all never happened...I work 40 hours a week and go to school, pay for everything. People appreciated my bike and everything i did too it. People in the area know my bike by appearance. Im sure some of you know that feeling when people i dont want to say envy but they like your bike. Anyways, heres a few pics, and a couple links to something else i encountered in my life...I played soccer for 17 years now...back in school they wouldn't let me play because of this kidney issue which was never a problem before. Long story short, you can read the article, i had to sue the school district just to play soccer...anyway, not trying to sadden everyones day, it just feels better for me when i guess i feel like people understand where I'm coming from. It's always nice to have people that listen to you ya know. See you guys on the forums and around...should be lurking like ushalll :ride:

links to story about soccer...http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=buddy+lorentsen&pbx=1&oq=buddy+lorentsen&aq=f&aqi=g-v1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=377l5787l0l6154l21l15l2l1l2l0l594l2540l4.8.2.5-1l17l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=b12f5e501efbd0e5&biw=928&bih=427

ps. the pic of the road shows the corner where i was hit when she made a left on the side of the camera...i was approaching the camera...where the pic was taken was about where i landed after hitting her front bumper...

33883628289144839627910.jpg

33317828270574508151610.jpg

32236728289155172960210.jpg

32799028270555841486810.jpg

34032228289162172959510.jpg

21094728270538174821910.jpg

33933228289173172958410.jpg

33527428260074842534910.jpg

32701228252549843287410.jpg

32685728289186172957110.jpg

Also if anyone has xbox live add me, ii treated ii, could use some people on my list, netflix, or whatever, need some drz friends lol

Edited by iitreatedii

read your post on the phone, wanted to type a reply here:

you beat cancer, and the left turn of death. that's pretty awesome man. if you can focus enough to pay for your own schooling AND actually take the hard classes, there is no reason for tears. :ride:

apply for medicaid / medicare and file for unemployment, look for emergency funding for your school work. there are grants hidden for folks that need them. get your money, get healed, get to inspiring folks again.

you wadded up a drz and are living to tell. wow.

rock on man ?

yupp thanks man, im not sponsored by mommy and daddy, only thing i ask for is a place to sleep while i focus on working and going to school, im in the process of finally buying my 06 sti aspen white today. Checked it out in jersey but hes 2500 over what i have in cahs and loan. He wants 22500 with warranty and with a loan i can only pay 20...this whole Z thing messed eveyrthing up though. I dont know what do to. I finally found the perfect car after 14 months of searching you know. Hopefully he comes down, were both thinking about each others prices for the next couple of days.

that totaly sucks dude!! it is hard to ride the streets. gotta be physic. know what people are thinkin. seems impossible but some of us have done it for decades. if it looks wrong it is.

i cant believe i am still alive but...had a lot of "close calls". if i had to ask, could you see the other driver's eyes? when they are not looking at me, i assume they cannot see me.

i know that is no help now, but we learn from our experiences.

thank you for your story. we have to realize we are pretty much invisible to cars. i have actually not ridden my DRZ for a while now as i was run off the road a few times in a few weeks. i belive my MX background saved me those times, but how many times can one temp fate? i have joined this forum to get my mojo back and am determined to get back in the saddle.

but i do need to get the midrange jetting right....?

ha, no man, it was 830 at night. No eye contact possible. She didn't bother to look...she had a kid in pajamas in the back seat. If i were a car, her kid would have been probably severely injured or killed along with her. The fact that I am able to WALK! with pain let alone not break anything and such is beyond my words. Hell im the one who got outof th woods crawling stood myself up and borrowed the stupid woman's phone to call my dad. Imagine you guys as parents. He dad, just wanted ot let you know im okay but i got in a an accident with my bike. If he were to come see me on the stretchers from a call from someone else i dont even know...Its just crazy man. Still processing everything happened last night like 26 hours ago 830 eastern or so. out at home hours after the accident. Nobody could believe it. My whole worry is luck runs out. This and cancer...i feel like i already bluffed too many time you know, the odds are against me big time.

Ouch, sorry to read about this, least you're okay (somewhat). Never fails with the cagers, I've been on the road less than 2 weeks and have had several close calls. The excuse she didn't see you is garbage, just not paying attention. Hope everything goes well for ya man. And where are you located? I'm from Chenango County orginally.

Ouch, sorry to read about this, least you're okay (somewhat). Never fails with the cagers, I've been on the road less than 2 weeks and have had several close calls. The excuse she didn't see you is garbage, just not paying attention. Hope everything goes well for ya man. And where are you located? I'm from Chenango County orginally.

suffolk county long island ny

yes i did, heres my problem...i have an 01 frame with all newer parts...and 01 is worth...well not what i want. Even if i got what i put into it for instance, covered my bills, and all was good. I now lost pay at work, dont know when ill return.. Had to spend hours in an ambulance and at the emergency room, and all to break even...lol im sorry thats dumb. You see my point. Even if costs were to balance out at and equal zero...i still lose. I'll prob have knee problems when i get older now. going 40-5 mph into a bumper isn't all good when your hospital bill gets paid and you get 1000 dollars for your bike if your lucky...smh

ha, no man, it was 830 at night. No eye contact possible. She didn't bother to look...she had a kid in pajamas in the back seat. the odds are against me big time.

i hear ya, not judge'n ya. lookin for positive riding learning. another thing that has saved me is looking at the front tires of left turning vehicles. if they are turning i will come to a stop if nessasary. and then give them the "#1" salute.

something that really freaked me out was the "spinner's". first time i saw them i was sure they were coming into my path.

to complicate things further, you also need to know the traffic behind you.

i cut my ridding teeth in SoCal.

yuppp i would break at every red light, every little stop eveyrthing but then you risk getting hit from behind...theres no reason i should have to stop when someone is making a left on their side. Even if i was going 43503487 mph, its still her fault shes suppose to yield regardless as to if i were obeying, which i was, the speed limit or not...it's common sense, she almost took my life away all because she probably was texting...?...I will have my lawyer pull her cell phone records back t see if any messages were sent or received during the time of my accident

yes i did, heres my problem...i have an 01 frame with all newer parts...and 01 is worth...well not what i want. Even if i got what i put into it for instance, covered my bills, and all was good. I now lost pay at work, dont know when ill return.. Had to spend hours in an ambulance and at the emergency room, and all to break even...lol im sorry thats dumb. You see my point. Even if costs were to balance out at and equal zero...i still lose. I'll prob have knee problems when i get older now. going 40-5 mph into a bumper isn't all good when your hospital bill gets paid and you get 1000 dollars for your bike if your lucky...smh

Start compiling comparable bikes in your locale (ads and sale prices) and use that as leverage in your value negotiations.

Being she crossed the center line and struck you, she's responsible for damages, including your bike, your lost time and wages, any medical bills, etc etc.

Also just have your insurance company look into this. When involved in a accident insurance companys also cover any loss of pay you'll lose if the accident caused you to lose work and it'll cover medical bills. Your insurance company should cover the intial cost at first then they should settle with the womens insurance since she was at fault. This is what insurance is for, not just for covering the vehicle you are on.

on the ocean it is called the "tonnage rule". if they are a bigger ship than you...they have the right of way.

right is right, and wrong is wrong, but in the end it is about survival. live to ride another day.

i wish you well bro, and you were wronged. but the adventure of bike ridding is avoiding the trees. i hate it when the trees jump out at you!!

on the ocean it is called the "tonnage rule". if they are a bigger ship than you...they have the right of way.

right is right, and wrong is wrong, but in the end it is about survival. live to ride another day.

i wish you well bro, and you were wronged. but the adventure of bike ridding is avoiding the trees. i hate it when the trees jump out at you!!

This is not the rules of the road. There are stripes that indicate where you can change lanes or pass and laws of about yealding to on comming traffic. The laws of the sea don't apply on land. ?

This is not the rules of the road. There are stripes that indicate where you can change lanes or pass and laws of about yealding to on comming traffic. The laws of the sea don't apply on land. ?

The laws of physics still do.

Regardless of what the laws of the road are, they are always trumped by physics.

You don't want to be "Dead Right".

lol im saying...the roads dont really have rules out of the ordinary, heres one though...if your making a freaking left, look for oncoming traffic :ride:

The laws of physics still do.

Regardless of what the laws of the road are, they are always trumped by physics.

You don't want to be "Dead Right".

I understand the laws of physics. She was still in the wrong for cutting in front of him. She should pay for all of his losses. Thats the problem with people driving cars. They don't pay attention or look for motorcycles. I'm sure we have all been run off the road at some point or another.... OR regularly. If I am riding in accordance with the laws of the road and someone isn't and hit me it's their @$$ that's gonna pay for my losses. I don't care how big or small they are. If a semi get's cut off by a smart car and wrecks the front end of the semi I would expect the smart car driver to pay for the loss of wages, dr bills and repairs to the truck. Not a bigger vs small thing. ?

I understand the laws of physics. She was still in the wrong for cutting in front of him. She should pay for all of his losses. Thats the problem with people driving cars. They don't pay attention or look for motorcycles. I'm sure we have all been run off the road at some point or another.... OR regularly. If I am riding in accordance with the laws of the road and someone isn't and hit me it's their @$$ that's gonna pay for my losses. I don't care how big or small they are. If a semi get's cut off by a smart car and wrecks the front end of the semi I would expect the smart car driver to pay for the loss of wages, dr bills and repairs to the truck. Not a bigger vs small thing. ?

+1 then some, breaking even isn't it, theres pain an suffering thereafter

guess ill see what my insurance gives first...i have liability with min. coverage paying like 40 a year or something like that...

everyone can keep posting, im going to sleep and will read replies in the AM :ride: stay safe guys