Sign in to follow this  

Husaberg Fe570S - the plug in the hose under the engine

On my 2011 Husaberg FE570S there is a rubber hose that dangles down under the engine. It is not mentioned in the owner's manual, and it is not shown in the parts manual. My dealer tells me that it serves as a reservoir for fuel that isn't used by the engine, and that the plug needs to be pulled periodically to let it drain.

I've lost the plug somehow. Can anyone tell me whether that's important? Will it suck up water during a stream crossing, or will it suck up air and make it run lean? Can I leave it off, or is it wise to replace it?

Don't any 'Berg owners have knowledge of this? Please, if you do, post it. Thanks in advance for any info or advice.

Not sure about the extra fuel idea-

Did you remove the emissions like we discussed earlier ?

A pic would be great.

No, have not removed emission gadgets.

Pic would only show a black rubber hose dangling down under the engine, and wouldn't be revealing.

The Bergs have a closed system if the emissions are intact pg. 33 Chassis manual.

The line should go from gas cap to a tee with short line @ 90 degrees with a plug , then continues on to the canister hidden under the rear fender.

With the emissions removed the line would have to exit somewhere - I put it down through the bottom like a carb bike.

These bikes are horribly restricted to meet emission laws of a particular western state . In half an hour this can remedied.

PM me if want details.

You're so right. I had no idea that canister was shoehorned in under the left side fender!

I have been told by DaleEO over at Husaberg Unofficial that once you remove the emission controls, the dealer can reflash your ECU with an off-road competition map. Anybody have any experience with this?

Starts right up, no more decel popping, hauls ass. Runs the way it was designed to.

Mine never popped on deceleration, not even new from the showroom. It was slow to start, though, but a new FMF Factory 4.1 slip-on muffler has improved that greatly. I modified the stock muffler several times, and though I made some improvement it still didn't let the machine breathe right. I think that the only way to get the stock muffler to let the engine breathe is to gut it. I replaced it instead, and it was the best $340 I've spent since I brought the motorcycle home.