Sign in to follow this  

Using my Honda as a hauler

When is a dirt bike not a dirt bike. I sometimes use mine as a tractor. I have a homemade trailer that use to haul fire wood salt licks and rocks.

Here I am hauling a pretty large granite rock. Probably weighs over 200 pounds. We hauled it up from the creek about a half mile.

I don't like ATV's I am 60 years old and just can't learn to like them. Would rather be on two wheels sweeping through turns.

It is hard to tell because of the telephoto lens but am on top of the hill.

bigtrailermaxloadnet.jpg

looks like a 230 to me.

More pics of the mounting please! looks very cool, great idea.

how did you hook the trailer up to the swingarm? or the subframe? because i would love to figure a way to do this so i can haul my dirtbike with my moped.. 👍

That would be awesome!!!!!

That would be awesome!!!!!

right?! i've just never been able to figure out how to be able to lean with the trailer attached! that'd be something to see... pull up to a local trail with a ped hauling a big ol' ttr250...👍

right?! i've just never been able to figure out how to be able to lean with the trailer attached! that'd be something to see... pull up to a local trail with a ped hauling a big ol' ttr250...👍

Just hope your ped isn't a 49cc haha

it's bb'd 70cc from the quad that brand makes! haha goes like 60!

Going to need to gear it for 30 to get the trailer moving haha

it's got a cvt, just machined the shoulder off the bushing that stops the cvt from expanding to get to 55, so it has the stock cvt just a different bushing! thing hauls, people laugh at me... until i pull wheelies on it! 👍

it's got a cvt, just machined the shoulder off the bushing that stops the cvt from expanding to get to 55, so it has the stock cvt just a different bushing! thing hauls, people laugh at me... until i pull wheelies on it! 👍

and let me guess, as far as the dmv is concerned, it is a 49cc, so you don't need a motorcycle endorsement right?

When is a dirt bike not a dirt bike. I sometimes use mine as a tractor. I have a homemade trailer that use to haul fire wood salt licks and rocks.

Here I am hauling a pretty large granite rock. Probably weighs over 200 pounds. We hauled it up from the creek about a half mile.

I don't like ATV's I am 60 years old and just can't learn to like them. Would rather be on two wheels sweeping through turns.

It is hard to tell because of the telephoto lens but am on top of the hill.

bigtrailermaxloadnet.jpg

That is so pimptastic, you should wear gold teeth while riding it! Would love to see the attaching fixture.

not one bit! hahaha. i only did all that crap to it because well, where i live 30 is dangerously slow... i had people on my ass night and day, so i did this cruise at fourty and im not getting run over!

The mount is pretty simple. I have a 3/16" thick U shaped bracket that is bolted through the axle nut. I have a 3/8" bolt that runs vertically. The trailer has a spherical rod end on it. The bolt slips through the eyelet on the spherical rod end. The rod end just screws into a stud and isn't locked in.

crf150trailerhitch.jpg

I use the same trailer for my bicycle and my motorcycle. For my bicycle I flip the trailer over and it gives me the right height The bike mount is one sided.

The better picture of the spherical rod end. While attached to my bicycle. (I don't carry as much weight.

modbigtrailerhitch1.JPG

My trailer is 36" wide overall and has a cargo area of 54"x27"

Yep I have the sticker on the front number plate. I earned it.

Last year when I was vacationing in Brazil I got a kick out of watching a couple of guys load a refrigerator on a trailer and haul it off behind a 250cc Honda street bike. I felt sorry for the bike but after a lot of clutch slipping it pulled away with two men on the seat and a trailer full of refrigerator. It was quite a sight at the time and I still wonder how they got the thing to stop. 👍

--KT--

Perfect timing!

I was just trying to design a hitch system for my XR100 and XR400.

More photos of the trailer and hitch design would be appreciated!

If that trailer can hold 200 lbs, I'd be interested in building one.

I have no room for a quad, but would like to turn an XR into a tractor on occasion.

Are you unable to turn left at all? I'd probably rig a guard, so knobbies didn't catch if I turned a bit too far to the left.