Sign in to follow this  

12-5-alive

Bought a broken 125 to fix for fun. Got it running briefly just rebuilding carb, went to start it yesterday and it made a strange noise and the crank shaft locked up. Took top off and was pleasantly surprised to find new top end. Everything on bottom end looks new too.

Took alternator cover off and could turn fly wheel freely except fosara dimly in every few rotations you can feel friction and sometimes it gets stuck. ( took clutch off so that is not the reason)

Question is - do you think debris could have fallen inside the bottom end and is causing speratic mayhem ? Only special tool needed for bike is fly wheel puller to split halves?

Rob

Sounds like possible crank bearing went out? You will also need case splitter tool. 2 strokes can be a pain when splitting cases.

Ok, crankshaft is now free to turn but rod has play so I guess it's time for bottom end rebuild. Anyone have tip to split cases on cr125 without tool? Will. Need any sprcial tools to install new crank shaft/ bearings besides flywheel puller?

Ok, crankshaft is now free to turn but rod has play so I guess it's time for bottom end rebuild. Anyone have tip to split cases on cr125 without tool? Will. Need any sprcial tools to install new crank shaft/ bearings besides flywheel puller?

There are some great videos on youtube! Just do a search. Thats how i usually learn about working on my bike. Well, besides this forum.