Deer Creek Grand Prix @ Frank Raines Park

NorCal MC is proud to present the 2nd annual Deer Creek Grand Prix. This is part of the AMA D36 Cross Country Series. It is located near Patterson CA in the Frank Raines riding area. Saturday and Sunday Oct. 15th and 16th. Saturday night activities include a live band and BBQ dinner. For more information you can check our website at www.norcalmc.net or ama-d36.org

dusty dusty dusty

The trails didnt hold any water if it rained at all.

C Sportsman.

I thought the hills were super easy, but the canyon trail kicked my but, not to mention getting tossed into a ditch at the end of the video.

Ya that dust was miserable. Especially on the first lap.

Nice video.

Why aren't you using your kick starter on the start?

That is a hell of a good idea, i guess i didnt think about it. I will practice it both ways this weekend. I was much slower off the line this time than the last 2.

Ya that dust was miserable. Especially on the first lap.

Nice video.

Why aren't you using your kick starter on the start?

That is a hell of a good idea, i guess i didnt think about it. I will practice it both ways this weekend. I was much slower off the line this time than the last 2.

All bikes with electric starts get burned off the line. Maybe not two strokes, but

4 strokes for sure. Your foot is a lot more powerful and faster at turning the motor

over. Not to mention, you can cycle your motor with your kick starter to make sure

you're kicking at top dead center.

I tried finding the video of Justin Williamson going through the start technique

on his KTM. He uses his kick starter and electric starter almost simultaneously.

If you can figure out how to start your bike in 2nd gear on the first kick, I can

almost guarantee you'll get at least a top 5 start, if not a hole shot. ?

All bikes with electric starts get burned off the line. Maybe not two strokes, but

4 strokes for sure. Your foot is a lot more powerful and faster at turning the motor

over. Not to mention, you can cycle your motor with your kick starter to make sure

I tried finding the video of Justin Williamson going through the start technique

on his KTM. He uses his kick starter and electric starter almost simultaneously.

If you can figure out how to start your bike in 2nd gear on the first kick, I can

ya, tell me about it. thats one thing that sucks about my 350..no kick start :worthy: and the thing does not like to start in gear. oh well, bad starts make for fun races. :ride:

Yeah i was not happy with the last start and not being able to start in gear really slows things down.

almost guarantee you'll get at least a top 5 start, if not a hole shot.

?

NOT My 4 stroke! :ride:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=qqDmvQBWzfI

Trick with a bike with no kick starter...#1..throw away stock battery and buy a good 7 battery...bump electric start just like you would a kick starter.

Hit button and enjoy the ride!

NOT My 4 stroke! ?

Trick with a bike with no kick starter...#1..throw away stock battery and buy a good 7 battery...bump electric start just like you would a kick starter.

Maybe I shouldn't have said ALL 4 Strokes. lol. But the majority of 4 strokes

with electric start only have a hard time rocketing out of the gate.... especially

against 2 strokes.

1/2 of A vet is on 2 strokes.. I generally get a great start. Out of the last 6 races I've got 4 holeshots...but yes when I've been beaten it's been a 2 smoker...

If I had a kickstarter I would definitely be kicking and pushing button at the same time!

NOT My 4 stroke! ?

whats a 7 battery, and can you explain what mean by "bump electric start just like you would a kick starter".

Yuasa YTZ7S battery or the turntech...stock battery is a 5 only puts out 3.5-4AH, you save a couple pounds going with a lithium..do some searches or call chip at munn racing, and ask him the best battery for that 350. Shorai makes a 14 that works as well.

If you have a kickstarter on dead engine starts your searching for top dead center prior to the gun going off to get a full stroke when you kick, you can achieve this to some degree by bumping the starter button just the same, while holding kill button. I practice this in the garage to KNOW what my bike sounds, feels, etc when I'm on tdc using the button.. I guess wrong sometimes and will be on the bottom, with a kickstarter you can feel the resistance, a button you can't so you have to guess. I try to make this an educated guess, from learning what my bike sound and feels like with bumping button to TDC.

Edited by srhodes
Adding

Yuasa YTZ7S battery or the turntech...stock battery is a 5 only puts out 3.5-4AH, you save a couple pounds going with a lithium..do some searches or call chip at munn racing, and ask him the best battery for that 350. Shorai makes a 14 that works as well.

If you have a kickstarter on dead engine starts your searching for top dead center prior to the gun going off to get a full stroke when you kick, you can achieve this to some degree by bumping the starter button just the same, while holding kill button. I practice this in the garage to KNOW what my bike sounds, feels, etc when I'm on tdc using the button.. I guess wrong sometimes and will be on the bottom, with a kickstarter you can feel the resistance, a button you can't so you have to guess. I try to make this an educated guess, from learning what my bike sound and feels like with bumping button to TDC.

right on... thanks