Sign in to follow this  

How did you go about getting a sponsorship?

When your fast, sponsors find you.

exactly and when someone does sponsor u this way its gonna be good help. i got 1 sponsor this way and they have helped me so much.. otherwise hookit is freee and u get some decent discounts

Buy a cool mx bike. Play around in a pit. Learn to spin up the rear wheel, hit a couple jumps. Post on TT. Profit.

:thumbsup:

It's similar to looking for a job with a resume'.

Once you start consistantly winning at the amateur level, put together a portfolio of your accomplishments and start knocking on doors at your local shops. Start in the motorcycle shops of course, but also hit hardware stores, contractors, where you or your family work.

When you are at the track...hit up the vendors as well. Then, you can always use the mega outfits you find online as mentioned above.

hookit.com you can get sponsors and they give you like 50 percent off or buy one get one free

Put a resume together saying you race locally and are consistently in the top 10, and you're working your guts out to get faster and better and stronger. You're goal is to win races and win championships locally within your class..and you're thinking next year you are going to expand your program to do some regional races and hope to make it to Loretta's! Make sure you have a couple of pictures where you look like a serious racer...not a gangsta muggin it up or a Jed Clampet look-a-like on a clapped out 94 YZ125. Don't over do it...just appear serious and committed. More than likely you'll get what you deserve, maybe pick up a couple minor sponserships that save you 10-20% on parts/graphics/etc. And for the young dreamers out there, unless you're the next big thing out of your region...you ain't gittin nuthin fer free.

i dont race but i want sponsors

:thumbsup:

hmmmm...you want discounts and free parts...

yet, you don't want to earn them...:ride::banghead:

You werent one of those that voted for that whole "hopey-changey" thing as well were you?

I dont race alot since some injuries, but I still have a couple sponsors (well "support) decalmx I get a nice discount AND I get my stuff right away, no wait for customs, and no toil I get an awesome discount

just playing. but seriously I should come up with a demo video like kenny powers

That is the best idea I have ever heard. Make sure it involves some explosions and kung fu thats the best way to get sponsored. Kung fu allways shoes your serious.:thumbsup:

i dont race but i want sponsors

You would get tons of deals through mx sponsor. Check it out make a profile for free, and watch the deals roll in. Its not all about racing its about riding in general.