Sign in to follow this  

Engine got non-filtered air for a very long time - anything i can do?

I've replaced my cracked air-box, and on the process i took out the outlet duct to clean it.

when i took it out i noticed that the hose that was once connected to tha

solenoid valve, is just sitting there, wide open.

I did not dissasmble to solenoid, and neither did to previous owner, so

i guess it was like that for few years no.

obviously i sealed it.

is there anything else i can do, regaring this disturbing discovery?

thanks!

Clean everything, change the oil, check valve clearances., if you can do a leak down test, if not go ride.

Leaking valves, closing up valve clearances or loss of compression past the rings will be the signs of damage done by infiltration of dirt to the intake.

Solenoid valve? You mean crankcase breather oil separator right? Man honestly I would just verify that everything is hooked up properly, buy the oil change kit from TT store and do a good oil change. The damage (if any) would be hard to detect without a full teardown and inspect. You can monitor oil consumption. I would just continue to ride it like normal.

Solenoid valve? You mean crankcase breather oil separator right? Man honestly I would just verify that everything is hooked up properly, buy the oil change kit from TT store and do a good oil change. The damage (if any) would be hard to detect without a full teardown and inspect. You can monitor oil consumption. I would just continue to ride it like normal.

Look at his location.... His bike has bits yours does not 👍

doutsh..Are you talking about the hose from that connects from the airbox to this ?

no, it connects from the outlet tube to the solenoid valve. number 19.

DP048565.png

Yep..got it.....that goes to the pair valve...

The Pair Valve is a pollution control "Pulsed Air Injection" device, designed to "wash out" the purposely rich exhaust of the new bikes in order to pass EPA restrictions for import in the United States and other countries with similar restrictions.