Sign in to follow this  

suspension swap fitment question

I reside in Thailand where bikes and parts are like hens teeth.

Soooooo i've got a 2003 YZF250 with freshly rebuilt, valved and sprung for me suspension front and rear. I've got a lead on a 2003 YZ250 two stroke in good ocndition and I'm itching to get back on a pinger. I've done an internet search but cannot confirm whether I can just swap over my shock and forks from the YZF to the YZ.

The internet said both front ends are 46mm but I could have sworn the '03 Yamaha 250F had 43mm but I dont have any calipers to get a measurement.

Can someone brighter than I confirm or not whether i can bolt up my '03 250F suspension onto an 03 YZ two stroke......pretty please:ride:.

Thanks in advance.

The internet said both front ends are 46mm but I could have sworn the '03 Yamaha 250F had 43mm but I dont have any calipers to get a measurement.

43mm fork legs are gone since the mid of the 90's...

Thanks for the response.

The internet says they are both 46mm so I'm assuming the forks bolt up.

That leaves the shock. Will it bolt up?? Only thing on the internet I can find is they are both 11.4" of travel.

Are there any sites that if i put a part number in for the 2003 YZF shock it will tell me what other models the shock fits? Or any other way to make a determination?

Thanks in advance.

have you done a search here or at the Yamaha forum?

you may find one by chance doing the same swap...

I posted in the Yamaha two stroke section also but no concrete answers if the shock will fit or not.

I'll keep searching but if anyone has any insight please post it.

Thanks again.